CHAPTER 03

[OUR SKIES NEVER BEEN APART]

FLARE RYEIN VALLEL

A man stood up in front of me, proudly and confidently. His lab coat and stethoscope were a testimony that he is my doctor who'll be treating me. 

I swallowed a lump when his stare came into contact with my face. He didn't show me any expression until my mom spoke, "Flare,meet Dr. Maximus Gunner,your new assigned physician. Please greet him, anak." 

We both smile in synch,like a robot. My smile was genuine, and I am happy to really meet him. I heard so much about him. 

"Hello, doctor," I greeted him and shook his hand. 

"Hello to you, Ms.Flare. As you heard, I am your new doctor." His voice sounds so calm and manly. It isn't too deep,just soft. 

I sat straight from the hospital bed and held my father's hand. "I've heard many great things about you, doctor. It's really nice to be treated by the most influential and famous doctor. I really need to be a good and responsible patient of you," I said, complimenting him.

He's gorgeously handsome; I give him that. He's tall, and his physique is quite perfect,just like what they're calling the 'face of a Greek god'. It's my first time seeing him, but I feel like I've known him for years. I like his aura; it's very approachable. And his smile? Gosh,every girl would fall for him. 

I think he is in my liking for now. His is officially my crush... But what if he already has a girlfriend or wife? That'll be too much crushing over him. 

I heard his husky chuckle. "Don't exalt my self-esteem with those words. I might believe it. But thank you, Ms. Flare." 

I widen my smile and shake my hands. "Oh,come on, doctor. I've said the facts, and by the way, you can call me Flare or Ryein,anything you like," I say happily.

"And doc, thank you for considering my parents request about the design of the room. I hope you really don't mind," I added.

I love how the room was designed according to my tastes. The wall was painted in different lively colors. There were book shelves at the side, and mom designed my reading corner for me to relax and be able to read the book peacefully. The LED lights were put neatly over the side of the wall. And my bed and sofa were comfortable and pink. I love pink and any bright color. 

"I don't mind as long as my patient is satisfied and comfortable inside the room. You'll be staying here for quite a while, but don't worry, in my hospital... there's no word such as 'boredoom' that exists."

Oh,yes... I heard that the hospital also offers activities and programs for kids and other older patients. And they also have a reading center here,where patients can read any books for them not to stop learning even though they're in that situation.

"I'll be expecting that," I said and chuckled.

After Dr. Gunner shut the door, I immediately clung to my mother's shoulders. She caressed my hair and kissed my forehead while my dad was busy attending to some calls at the side. 

"Mom?"

"Yes,sweety?" 

"Dr.Gunner's handsome. He's like a living fictional character," I whispered to my mom. I giggled when she secretly pinched my side stomach, playfully. She showed me a smirk.

"I knew you'd say that. You sly fox." 

We both laughed while still hugging each other. "Do you think he's tied to someone?" I asked, full of hope that my mom would say no.