Marina's lost love #7

My dear love marina!

The Germans have retreated! I don't know anything else about it, but i heard they're going south! I'm finally free from this prison! This gives me hope that I may possibly make it to you my love, my hands are shaky from both the cold and the excitement.

A soldier, who seemed younger than 15, found me hiding under the lean-on. He informed me that they'd left, I might be able to make it back to you! I'm excited to see you soon, everyone who survived here is moving south to Stalingrad, I'll be able to see you there again! Please hold on until i get to you.

Stalingrad awaits us, I've learned there are only 500 sections left in the city. This war has taken a huge toll. I don't even know how long it's been since I left you, it's felt like eternity being away from you love. We've gotten new rations here, new clothes, and new guns. After all this time, I'm safe now.

The temperature still shows -30 C, but I feel warm knowing I'll see you. I remember all the times we spent together; The stolen glances, the promised whispers under moonlight skies, I'm going to traverse this war-torn land to find my way back to you. With ever step i take, it reminds me i'm getting closer to you.

I will return to you soon

Alexei