Monsters and Chimeras

A/N: the start of season 2! Let's fucking goooo!

~~~~~

During the eighth month, the trio has been helping Amalia and the sadida people with their...infestation problem while the others work on the plan. Viola and Cesaze are exploring the forests near the eliatrope mini village, making sure to never stray too far. Az and Midnight are helping as well, chasing the gerbils.....but they managed to escape through a hole in the ground as Az and Midnight fae planted into a pole of the fencing. The trio pants softly, all of those gerbils being too fast for them as the farmer exclaims in sadness.

Farmer: My garden. My crops. My cabbages!

Yugo: They are definitely the worst opponents we've had so far.

Y/n nods in agreement, wondering why there are so many gerbils.

Adamai: And much worse than all the others, for sure!

Y/n, Adamai: What a nightmare!

Adamai looks down, noticing a gerbil laughing at him. The trio sighs and looks at he gerbils as they destroy the farmers field and crops. A gerbil then hops out of a hole, and bites Yugo's ankle, causing him to scream in pain and shock. The farmer and Adamai look over as Y/n walks over to Yugo as he hops in pain with the gerbil mimickig him.

Yugo: you dirty rodent! I'll get you for that, you little beast!

Yugo goes to chase the gerbil, but Y/n makes a portal and the gerbil ends up in her hands. Y/n sighs and looks at Yugo.

Y/N: you alright?

Yugo, nodding with a pout: Yeah, it just hurt.

YN: I know....but why are there so many gerbils around???

Yugo shrugs and hums in an 'I dunno' kinda way as the gerbil hops off of Y/N's hand and hops away with a barely noticeable limp.

Adamai:..this is embarrassing.

Yugo and Y/n nod in agreement, with y/n crossing their arms and tryna think of what to do.

Yugo: We're wasting our time and energy here, they're much to fast.

Y/N: and far too many.

Yugo, Adamai: and annoying.

Y/N: But, at the same time, those aren't reasons to kill them.

Yugo and Adamai give you a look, clearly disagreeing with you slightly, but say nothing....yet.

Adamai: mmm, dead gerbils. I don't know why, but that makes me hungry.

Farmer: If we don't stop them, my entire harvest is ruined!

Yugo: Our problem is where to put them.

Yugo then gets an idea, glancing at Y/N's haven bag, before looking at the farmer.

Yugo: Hey, you wouldn't happen to have a haven bag, would you?

Farmer: and old one, but it's not very fashionable.

Yugo: Could you lend it to me?

Y/n then realizes where this is going and stretches, getting ready to catch some gerbils. The farmer walks off to get his haven bag as the duo walks over to Adamai, who is looking up at them.

Yugo: Adamai, change into a Crackler!

Y/N, grinning slightly: You're gonna play us a little drum beat!

Adamai: As much as I love you, do you really think now's the time for music?

Y/n nods and Adamai sighs, relenting. Yugo grins and rubs his hands together in excitement. Adamai concentrates and then shifts into a crackler with a poof of smoke as the two eliatropes look up at him. The trio smiles at each other as the farmer now looks startled at seeing Adamai the Crackler. Yugo makes a portal and snatches the bag out of the farmer's hand.