002 changing

Lilith couldn't get the thought of how she somehow recognised the boy that came in the box. Thomas. She kept reminding herself that it was impossible that she knew him, so she threw that thought away.

Lilith was doing her own thing until she looked up for a second, noticing Thomas walking towards the tall walls, she took a sigh before immediately getting up off the log she was sitting on, rushing her way to him.

She stepped in front of him, placing a hand on his shoulder, stopping him from stepping any further.

Thomas suddenly looked down at her as soon as he felt her touch on his shoulder. He looked at her confused and surprised.

"What's in there?" He asks, staring down at her for a moment before looking back up at the tall walls that were surrounding them all.

"Nothing you should know about." Lilith replies, letting out a soft sigh as she let go of his shoulder, watching him carefully incase he tried anything.

"Why? What's in there?" He asks another question which made Lilith a little irritated. She took a long deep breath, speaking up after a moment.

"No ones allowed to leave the glade, especially you." She replied somewhat softly and calmly.

"But wh—" He suddenly stops himself.

Two boys came out the tall walls, vests wrapped around their upper chests, black gloves on their hands and shoulders. They were both drenched in sweat and dirt. They both looked over at Lilith and Thomas, nodding their head towards them.

"New shank, I see." One of the boys says, which seemed to be Minho, the leader of the runners, and the other boy was Ben.

"Good luck, lils." Ben adds, trying to joke around.

The two boys then ran past them both, their boots getting perfectly covered in the bright grass.

Thomas was confused, how are they able to do that? He thought to himself. He was so confused and a little bit irritated by how Lilith isn't telling him anything. He looked down at her again with a confused expression before he spoke up.

"I thought no one is allowed to leave?"

Lilith hesitates, letting out a soft sigh before she spoke in a soft and calm tone.

"I said we're not allowed to leave." She replies, her tone full of calmness.

"They're different from the rest of us, they are runners. The know way more about the maze than anyone in here."

Thomas' eyes widen, maze? He thought to himself, fear started to rise up inside of him, sending a quick shiver down his spine.

"Wait what?"

"What?" Lilith replies, confused.

"What do you mean by the maze?"

Lilith looks up towards him, realising she had probably spilled a lot more than she was supposed too, shit, she thought.

"Just— just don't go near it, alright? Especially not right now." She says, noticing him taking a few more steps forward, but she let him, knowing he was probably smart enough to stay far enough away from the walls.