you know you drive me crazy

Chaewon prides herself on being a polite, well-mannered young woman. She's been told so all her life, by parents and relatives and teachers, It's a quality that's done her well thus far: she was voted Most Helpful in her yearbook, graduated high school as valedictorian, and is now the head of student council at her college.

The one downside of being the person everyone turns to is that you always have to be diplomatic, can never let your emotions get the best of you. Even when you're bursting with frustration at how little funding the school is willing to give the science department, or when you just want to strangle the idiot kid you're tutoring in maths. It's a minor annoyance, but still, Chaewon's always been able to shove her feelings away and get down to business. Which is why she's so pissed that out of all the challenges she's had to face, Huh Yunjin is the one threatening to make her come undone.

Chaewon really, really hates Yunjin. She knows hate is a strong word, and that's exactly why she uses it. It's certainly the most apt way to describe her feelings for Yunjin: strong.

"So tell me again why we can't get a grant for a new net?" Yunjin drawls, looking bored as usual. Chaewon doesn't understand why the girl volunteered to be the student representative for the sports teams when she clearly doesn't enjoy the monthly student council meetings. She has her feet up against the desk, just another sign of her seemingly endless disrespect for everything academia-related.

"Because you just got a grant for new uniforms," Chaewon says as calmly as she can. "The necessity of which I still don't understand."

"Maybe they weren't necessary, but they make my ass look great," Yunjin responds, prompting giggles from all the boys in the room. Chaewon grinds her teeth, annoyed at Yunjin's constant immaturity and even more annoyed that she's right. She's wearing the uniform right now, and even though she's sitting down Chaewon can still imagine exactly how round and firm the new shorts make her ass look. Against her will, her brain has practically memorized the image.

"Anyway," she grits, "no, you can't have a grant for a new net. Any other requests?"

They run through the rest of the issues that the students bring to the council, but Chaewon can barely focus, not with Yunjin staring holes into the sides of her face. God, she hates her. She hates how she runs her fingers through her hair to show off her dumb undercut, and she hates her muscular thighs that are always on display, and she hates those stupid dimples that show up when she's grinning impishly at Chaewon.

The fact that this hatred mostly manifests in an all-consuming yearning to fuck her brains out is neither here nor there.

Chaewon breathes an internal sigh of relief when the meeting is adjourned and the drama representative goes over to talk to Yunjin. She packs her things up quickly, hoping she can escape without confrontation, but of course she's not that lucky.

Yunjin sidles over to her right as she's zipping up her backpack. "Hi," she says, planting her palms on the desk as if she's trapping Chaewon. It certainly feels like it: Yunjin's only about an inch taller, but she has this presence that makes Chaewon feel like she's towering over her.

"What do you want?" Chaewon sighs, slinging her backpack over her shoulder.

"Can't a girl just say hi?" Yunjin asks with a raised eyebrow. Chaewon's about to say no , but then Yunjin reaches out and tucks a strand of her hair behind her ear, and all her thoughts come to a screeching halt.

"You're wearing your hair down," Yunjin comments. Chaewon opens her mouth, but nothing comes out, so Yunjin prompts, "you usually have it up."

"My hair tie broke," Chaewon manages.