are you game?

featuring another special guest...

(request)

Yunjin really didn't intend for her and Chaewon to be such a power couple. It just ... happened. The star soccer player dating the head cheerleader, and both of them being ridiculously attractive? She probably should have seen it coming.

Of course, this comes with a fair amount of teasing from her fellow teammates. Just the usual stuff — cracking jokes about flexibility, " head cheerleader hahaha", affectionate jabs that she knows to expect from their locker room conversations. Most of the time, she'll laugh along or at least let it slide. There's only one person who can really rile her up (and insists on doing so), and that's Karina.

The tall ravenhead is an international transfer from Korea, but despite the fact that she'd only joined their team at the beginning of the semester, she quickly established that she was one of their best players. She was a menace with the ball, dancing around the field like lightning, and she was also surprisingly good at strategy and teamwork. So, when Sakura sprains her ankle and has to be benched for the rest of the season, it's a unanimous decision that Karina should step up as the interim team captain.

It's just that Karina's ... wicked. Yunjin can't really think of another word to describe it. She's always been flirty with all the girls on the cheer squad (all girls in general, really), but since Yunjin and Chaewon started officially dating it's like she's made it her mission to be as lewd as possible about Chaewon. She's constantly sneaking up behind Yunjin in the locker room or on the field, whispering comments about Chaewon's bubble butt or the way her sweater stretches across her tits, and the worst part is that Yunjin can't do anything but stammer and blush in response because dammit, she's right. Chaewon is hot, and Karina pointing it out should probably make her mad, but it just makes her a little flustered for some reason.

Karina also just seems to have it out for Yunjin, she thinks. She's always making her do extra laps and reps during practice, watching her with those sharp eyes, and pointing out every single one of Yunjin's mistakes and fumbles. Yunjin supposes that is what a good team captain is supposed to do, but it's beginning to feel less like Karina is carrying out her captainly duties and more like she's carrying out a vendetta against Yunjin.

Like now, for example. They're playing a friendly home match, one that doesn't require them to huddle and frantically go over team strategies during half-time, so when the break whistle blows Yunjin goes over to the stands to say hi to Chaewon. The cheerleader gives her a kiss for good luck like she always does, but it's barely a second of contact before they're interrupted by the voice from Yunjin's nightmares.

"Maybe if you practiced soccer as much as you do tonsil hockey, we'd be in the lead."

Yunjin pulls away regretfully from her girlfriend's embrace to see Karina casually strolling towards them, raking a hand through her long black hair. The movement makes her shirt ride up, exposing a strip of tanned stomach, and Yunjin finds herself cursing the girl once again for being mean and hot.

"Shut up, Yu," is the best she can come up with, while she's slightly distracted by the bead of sweat making its way down the strong line of Karina's neck.

Karina completely ignores her, leaning against the post and grinning up at Chaewon with those shark teeth. "Hi, Chaewonie. Giving our Yunjin a little motivation to win?"

"Yunjin's always motivated to win," Chaewon says, turning up her nose, and Yunjin feels a surge of affection for her girlfriend.

"Probably because I'm such a great captain," Karina counters. "Really, you should be rewarding me if we win."