4. The Troll Attack

Sebastian and I glanced at each other in fear. Suddenly, we heard a crash into the brick wall next to Zonko's and what we witnessed truly shocked the living daylight out of me.

We were met with a very much fully grown troll, now making its way to the people in the town circle. It was fighting with the wizards, meanwhile creating destruction all around.

There were a few people who were drawing the troll away from the village. However, I couldn't help but notice the dark, glowing collar the troll was wearing and the similarities that it had to that of the dragon I encountered on my way to Hogwarts. Not to mention, I also saw that same glow when Ranrok was summoning magic back in the blue room with me and professor Fig.

The troll was controlled by some dark magic. Dark magic that Ranrok was most likely controlling.

Before I could finish my thinking, I suddenly heard another crash somewhere behind me.

"Watch out!" Sebastian yelled and pulled me aside with him. Turning around, it felt like a true nightmare was taking place in real life. A second troll had appeared, wearing the same collar as the other one.

Now, having no one to save us anymore, as the others were occupied by the first troll, Sebastian and I stood alone. I felt all the nerves take over my body as the troll was headed directly towards me.

Ranrok must have sent the troll to get me. I grabbed my newly acquired wand and casted at the troll. "Levioso!"

However, the troll was too heavy and I could not lift him off the ground. Sebastian sent some basic casts at the ginormous creature and stood before me as a way to protect me.

I joined him in his basic casting, as it seemed the most effective way to get the troll to slow down his movements and get distracted. How on earth were we going to take down this thing?

The more spells I cast, the more powerful I started to feel. It was almost as if I was charging my wand to perform some very powerful magic.

Then suddenly, I saw it. There was a blue glow appearing around a the brick wall, destructed by the troll. Without hesitation, I aimed my wand in the wall's direction, lifting up the bricks, and smashed it into the creature, making it stumble backwards.

The troll itself was now glowing and, holding my wand firmly with both hands, I was able to cast a very powerful magic blast, completely pulverizing the enormous nuisance.

"Bloody hell! What on earth was that", Sebastian breathed out, bending over and grabbing his knees while grasping for air. "I'm not quite sure myself", I looked down at my hands as they were still shaking from the actions that they had just performed.

"Well, whatever it was, that was pretty impressive." I chuckled: "You could say that." "I think we've earned ourselves a butterbeer or two", Sebastian patted his belly and guided me to a pub called 'The Three Broomsticks'.

On our way to the pub, I felt the magic inside of me stir. Something was off. I stopped in my tracks and heard two voices talking to my left.

"What's wrong?" Sebastian asked a bit confused. Without answering, I followed the sound of the voices.

In a small alley, there were 2 figures talking to each other. One of them being the very goblin that attacked me on the way to Hogwarts. Ranrok.

Sebastian had joined me in my eavesdropping. "Victor Rookwood? Talking to a goblin?" He seemed a bit shocked at the appearance. "It's Ranrok", I whispered.

"The goblin of the daily prophet? This can't be good."

"You said you could get to the child when they came to Hogsmeade", Ranrok spoke in an angry tone. I gasped, knowing very well they were talking about me, that my assumption was right. "That all you needed was a distraction. I gave you a distraction!", the goblin continued.