CHAPTER THIRTEEN

(    ⋆·˚ ༘ *     RIGHT NOW , NELSON NEUMANN )
❝ shut up niles ❞

(    ⋆·˚ ༘ *     RIGHT NOW , NELSON NEUMANN    )❝ shut up niles ❞

VIENNA'S POV ——
anderson's household, 4:30 pm

IT WAS LATE EVENING, THE SUN WAS GOING DOWN AND I COULD HEAR BIRDS TWEET IN THE SPRING AIR. i sat at my kitchen island with my school work in front of me while i studied for my upcoming test.

i wasn't even supposed to do it until next week but since i'm leaving this weekend for a basketball tournament with other houston teams, i have to take it early. my mom was cooking dinner in front of me, vincent watching a movie with my brother.

"bean, you've been studying for 1 hour straight. don't you think it's time to take a break?" my mom asked me, glancing at me. i look up at her with a shrug. "just a 30 minute break. come on talk to me, spill the tea."

"gross mom, never say spill the tea ever again." i grimace at the thought of my mom using gen-z terms. i closed my binder and textbook, thinking of what to say. "oh, i saw nelson and talked to him after 1 months of not talking."

my mom nearly dropped the pot in her hand, she was trying to pour the hot water she used to cook the pasta. "you saw him? talked to him? how was it?"

i eyed her suspiciously. "it was good. i feel like it was better to talk to him then instead of us being all awkward for oklahoma."

that's right, i'm going with cam to oklahoma for rwe aau. i was so excited but then again so nervous even thought we already went to san antonio. that place will forever haunt me.

"yeah, that's good." my mom nodded her head and we talked about so much more things. in the middle of our gossip session, her phone dinged with a notification. i look at her phone, furrowing my eyebrows to see cassie neumann texted her.

she grabbed her phone, ignoring the fact that i just saw her screen and i watched her step out for a second. why was she texting cassie? have they been talking behind nelson and i's back while we were broken up?

my mom walked back in, a small smile on her face. "why did cassie text you?" i asked her, i usually don't ask about her conversations with people but this time curiosity got the cat.

"yeah..about that, i have something to tell you." well, that's never nice to hear. i motioned for my mom to continue and she sighed. "cassie and i found out that nelson and you are going to be playing at the same place for the houston texas teams."

my eyes widen in shock. "you're saying i have to spend this week with him and the next?" my mom simply shrugged her shoulders. "why are you just shrugging your shoulders?!"

"maybe this is a good time to talk about everything that happened bean, and maybe even get back together. you said it yourself, it was just a break. you need to stop running away from him and finally talk to him whether or not you want to officially end things because this is hurting the poor boy."

my mom was right. i told nelson that it was a break, meaning we're not officially done and we just needed time away from each other. he's been loyal the past month even if we weren't exactly together. 

i'm just dreading for the moment.

NELSON'S POV ——
neumann's household, 5:00 pm

"what do you mean we booked a hotel room with the anderson's? you know how uncomfortable vienna is going to be since we're broken up?" i freaked out on my mom. i didn't meant to sound rude and a brat but all i cared about was how vienna felt. my mom had told me that vienna and i have the same basketball tournament together, so both our mom's decided to get a hotel room together since it would be cheaper, both of them half the payment.

"hazel just texted me saying vienna was cool with it." my mom shrugged. only i know that vienna was lying, she hated arguing with her family so she usually agrees on everything. i sighed, scrunching up my curls and my mom puts her hand on my shoulder. "it will be okay nelson."

"damn, i thought you were going to freak out about how you felt instead of thinking about how vienna would feel. you're down bad bro." niles commented, mindlessly scrolling through tiktok on his phone, his volume on full blast. 

i sent him a glare. "shut up niles, go up to your room." he puts his hands up in defence, walking away without sparing me a glance. i was alone in the big kitchen, thinking about how i'm going to be spending 2 straight weeks with the girl i have so much love for. 

i'll use this time to get close to her again, show her how much i really do care. hopefully this time she notices.