CHAPTER FOURTEEN

(    ⋆·˚ ༘ *     RIGHT NOW , NELSON NEUMANN )
❝ awkward tension ❞

(    ⋆·˚ ༘ *     RIGHT NOW , NELSON NEUMANN    )❝ awkward tension ❞

VIENNA'S POV ———
houston tx airport, 5:30 am

I YAWNED, STRUGGLING TO STAY AWAKE. it was hard since i had to wake up at like 3:30 in the morning to get ready. i looked at my phone to switch the song that was playing and shoved it back into my hoodie pocket.

"they're almost here." my mom spoke up, keeping a close eye out for cassie and nelson. i sighed gripping onto my luggage handle. "cassie!"

i turned my head, looking straight ahead of me and there was cassie and nelson. he looked really tired, poor boy wasn't a morning person. but then again, i wasn't either.

both of our moms hugged, i awkwardly stared at him before looking away. "hey cass." i greeted as she hugged me.

"oh vienna, you look so good." she smiled, noticing the highlights in my hair that i got. i thanked her before awkwardly looking at nelson. his mouth was agape as if he was mesmerized.

"hey nelson." i gave him a small smile and he returned it, nodding his head. "hey vie."

"so, shall we go check in now?" cassie asked and we all nodded our heads. we walked through the airport, nelson and i exchanging awkward glances. he would catch he looking at him and i'd catch him looking at me.

"you excited for your games?" he asked me, striking up a conversation. i nodded my head with a smile. "this is definitely a big thing. i can't wait."

"yeah me too." i responded. the thought of playing at a basketball tournament this big was amazing and definitely a score for me.

the rest of the walk there was fine, nelson talked to me and the awkward tension wasn't there anymore.

it felt normal again.

NELSON'S POV ———
airport, 5:45 am

when i saw vienna with her new hair, i was mesmerized. she looked so good with them. who would know that she would become even prettier. maybe perfect was a better word. the colour suited her so much.

while we were checking in and doing all the stuff we need to do before we board the plane, vienna and i were talking like normal. it felt good to talk to her like this again.

and she really hasn't changed one bit.

whatever happened between us, if she believed i didn't really care then i'm frustrated with myself. i came to realize what i did to her was shitty and i should've just understood her. basketball is both of our dreams but also vienna is my dream.

"okay kiddos, we're going to get some breakfast while we wait to board. what do you two want?" hazel spoke up as we took a seat near the entrance.

"i'll have a breakfast wrap." vienna slightly puts her hand up.

"me too." i responded, pulling out my phone. both of our moms walked away to get our food. we were both scrolling through tiktok, vienna laughing at something. "what's so funny?"

"this tiktok, come look." she giggled and i leaned over, looking at her phone. i laughed at the tiktok she showed me, shaking my head.

"your humour is broken vie." i smiled at her.

she stared up at me, that grin on her face. "it is not! it's really funny. you even laughed." she jabbed a finger into my chest.

i let out a chuckle, staring down at her. the moment seemed tensed it was just us two staring at each other and we were pretty close to each other as well..

oh how i wanted to lean in and kiss her.

"vie can we talk about—"

"we're back with breakfast!" i silently groaned at my mom's interruption. vienna giggled, giving me a look. i pursed my lips as hazel handed vienna her breakfast wrap and then a smoothie.

"thanks momma." vienna smiled and sipped on her drink. she leaned over, whispering in my ear. "we can talk later. i don't want to stress before our games."

i nodded my head and we all ate breakfast.

we were now boarding the plane. vienna was struggling with her basketball bag, sighing as it got caught in one of the seat handles once again. i chuckled, helping her.

"i need a new bag." she mumbled. her backpack was pretty old, probably 2 years from her club team. she didn't want to change it last year but now i guess it's time for a new backpack.

we found our seats. it was two, i'm in one of them and vienna in the other. our moms were right it behind us though.

"do you want the window seat?" i asked her and she grinned, nodding my head. "but i'll have it on the way back, kay?"

"sounds good neumann." she joked, putting her backpack in the storage above us. she sat down and took a picture outside where the sun was rising. "it's so pretty."

i sat down next to her, staring at her. "yeah it is."

the plane was taking off, vienna leaned back in her seat with her eyes shut. i knew she was iffy about the take off and landing so i reached over, holding her hand.

she looked over to me and i gave her a reassuring smile. she gave me a thankful expression before squeezing my hand throughout the whole take off part.

throughout the flight, vienna was reading her book. she yawned and i could tell she was getting tired. waking up early was not easy for her.

eventually after a few minutes, she fell asleep. her head was leaned back in a uncomfortable position but then it slowly went down.

then, i felt a weight on my shoulder. i looked down at her, she was sleeping peacefully and i was getting tired myself so i laid my head on hers.

the last thing i heard before dozing off was a click of a camera.

ROAN SPEAKS!
hi guysss im back!! i'm
so sorry for not updating for
like a month.

school has been taking up
my time and so had basketball
so it's been hard since i'm
tired and drained all the
time.

i will try to update this fanfic
daily though, because i love u
guys and i also love nienna.

anyways toodles!!