Part 24

Part 24

Samrat's pov

I was searching my latest medical reports as I had to submit my progress to my army headquarters so that they know of my latest health condition and decide accordingly about my next posting. After lot of searching when I couldn't find it, I remembered that I had asked Pakhi to keep it safe in the cupboard. 

I looked around the house but Pakhi was no where to be seen, probably she went to market with the other ladies. I decided I will search the reports myself as I had to email them before evening.

I was looking everywhere but I couldn't find it. I sighed feeling tired then I started removing some of Pakhi's clothes from the cupboard thinking she might have mistakenly put it in the clothes section. I couldn't find the reports there also but I found a phone. It was a keypad phone. I wondered to whom it belongs as I have my phone with me and Pakhi has touch screen phone which she took with her to the market.

I wondered if Pakhi keeps another phone but then I don't have its number. She might have told me if she maintains another phone. I made a mental note to ask about it from Pakhi later and I decided to keep the phone back, just then, it started ringing. 

It was flashing, "Mom calling". I thought its Pakhi's mom's call and I picked it up. Before I could have said hello, her mom started shouting thinking that Pakhi has picked the call and I was shocked listening to her words.

"What is this Pakhi beta? You still haven't got rid of this number. After you told me that you used this number to trap Sai and her friend Ajinkya, I had asked you to get rid of it as soon as possible and you had promised me that you will do it in the evening only. I was calling you today and I mistakenly dialed this number instead of your main number and see, you still haven't turned it off. How careless you can be? Just throw the sim as soon as possible or else you could get caught." Her mom had said.

"Hello, Pakhi beta, are you there?" Her mom kept asking but I had cut the call.

I remembered Sai and Ajinkya had got message from unknown number that day. I quickly opened the sms on the phone and was shocked to see the same message sent to Sai and Ajinkya. My mind stopped working. How can this be possible. Pakhi was the one to play that prank but why? 

Then I remembered how few days ago Pakhi tried to corner Sai over Mohit's issue and she always speaks against Sai in general. Why she is doing it? Does she dislike Sai? But who will take such a step with such planning and plotting just to make fool of a person whom you dislike?

I sat with a thump on a sofa chair as I realized the real reason behind Pakhi's action. Virat was saying the truth that he has moved on in life and is happy with Sai but Pakhi.....she is still there....she still likes Virat and doing all this to create problems between Virat and Sai.

Pakhi's pov

I was hurrying towards my room to check upon my other phone. Mom had called while I was in market and she was panicking as she told me that she called me on that other number and someone had picked the call but she don't know who was there.

Then she scolded me for at least 15 minutes straight for being so careless about it. Yes, I was careless. After that day when nobody pressed that message issue further, I was kind of relaxed that everyone forgot about it, so I didn't bother throwing away the sim. Now I am hell worried did someone from home found out about it. But how? I had hidden the phone in my cupboard and nobody calls on it as no one knows its number except my mom. How anyone got to know about it?