Part 39

Part 39

Virat's pov

My heart was aching. I still couldn't believe my Sai could go against me and do something so stupid. She ruined my Devi tai's life. MY life has turned upside down. With her no longer living with me, my room, my life, my whole existence feels incomplete. I missed her and wanted to bring her back but I can't do this with my family. They were right this time. 

Once my anger cool down, I again went through all the evidences my family gave me against Pulkit. I checked it and cross verified it myself to find out if there is any mistake. But seems like all the documentary proof was right.

I had also filed a report against Pulkit and was seeing to it that court procedure for the annulment of marriage starts as soon as possible.  My family was angry when I didn't mentioned Sai name anywhere in my report. I heard their taunts with my head hung down in guilt and disappointment but I couldn't put Sai's name there. How can I do this to her? She is a bright student and putting her name in such matters is not good for her future and I couldn't put through all this ordeal. I loved her, so what she didn't give any importance to it and chose other things over me.

But I had no time to mourn about it, I had to concentrate on my duty. I just left DIG sir's office after discussing the next plan of action. He asked me to play along in Shruti's game plan, act as if I still trust her blindly and have sympathy with her. We were sure that she was in contact with Sadanand and through me, she was giving him information about police and what are we upto. So we wanted Sadanand to become overconfident and commit some mistake or Shruti to divulge some details of their plan. As per our plan, DIG sir asked me to put Shruti in a safe house for the time being. I arranged a flat where I took her.

"You know, all the time which I have spent with you feels special. Aisa lagta hai jaise hamara koi purana naata tha. My heart now trusts you even more than Sadanand." Shruti said to me with fake emotions in her eyes.

I wanted to grab her throat and ask her to divulge the details of her plan but I controlled myself. "Itne kam samay mein tumse itni achhi dosti ho gayi hai. Main tumhara dard samjhta hoon. Tum Sada se bahut pyar karti ho aur tum pregnant ho to Sada ki tumhe aur bhi jyada jarurat hai. Lekin meri itni koshisho ke baad bhi mein Sada ko dhund nahi paaya. Tum chinta mat karo, maine Gadhchiroli ki team ko bol rakha hai ki jaise hi Sada ki koi bhi news milti hai wo mujhe batayenge." I gave her fake assurance.

"Kabhi kabhi lagta hai Sadanand ke liye mera pyar khatm hota ja raha hai. Virat, main janti hoon ki ya sahi nahi hai lekin....mere dil mein tumhare liye feelings badhti ja rahi hai. I guess, I am falling in love with you. Agar Sada nahi mila to kya ye nahi ho sakta ki hum dono yu hi sath rahe humesha, main, tum aur hamara ye bachha." She tried to trap me in emotionlly.

"Hamara bachha?" I couldn't control seeing the shamelessness of this woman and words came out a little harshly out of my mouth. Then seeing her reaction, I took a deep breath and calm down. I knew she is trying to trap me so that I won't even imagine to betray her or try to harm her once her facade is gone. I needed to make her believe that she is successfully doing it.

"I mean, ye to tumhara aur Sada ka baby hai na? And still your status is that you are married to him." I tried to explain.

"I know Virat that biologically ye Sada ka baby hai lekin ek pita ke sare farz to tum nibha rahe ho na. Sada ko to pata bhi nahi iske bare mein. Jab mujhe uski sabse jyada jarurat hai wo hai hi nahi mere pass." She sobbed and wiped some imaginary tears from her eyes.

"God! I hate this woman." I thought and closed my eyes at her cringe acting.

"Its ok, Dekhna sab theek ho jayega. I am with you." I assured her.