Part 37

Part 37

Sai's pov

I was at Dr. Pulkit's house with my friends. We were discussing about how to find him and two of our friends were gone to local police station to file a proper FIR about Dr. Pulkit gone missing. When yesterday we had tried to lodge complaint they had denied citing the prerequisite condition of person being missing for at least 24 hrs then only they can take formal complaint. So now as its been more than 24 hrs and there was no information about Dr. Pulkit, we decided to approach the police again.

"Guys, they refused to register our complaint." One of my friend informed.

"What! Why? Now what excuse they are giving?" I asked getting angry now.

"They said the officer designated to register FIR is on leave." My friend said.

"What the hell! Is that even a reason to deny?" I was shocked at their audacity.

"They were just making one after another excuse but I feel they are never going to register our complain or even help us finding Dr. Pulkit. I guess your family might have pressurized them or bribe them...I don't know but their behavior seemed very fishy. The chief inspector Patwardhan almost threw us out of police station when we insisted." my friends told me about the possibility and I couldn't agree more.

"Don't worry. If they can pressurize then even I can pressurize too." I resolved and decided to use a influence no officer can ever refuse.

I visited DIG sir's office with my friends and almost barged in his cabin like I own that place. He seemed to be busy in a meeting. He looked at me and chided me about my manners but I stayed at my place.

"If its not been urgent then I would have never come like this. This is the matter of three innocent lives. Since Virat is not here, and you are the one who sent him away, you are bound to help me out in this situation." I said before I lose my courage under his angry glare.

"Fine! Come and sit." He agreed and dismissed the meeting.

"Sometimes I can't help wonder Virat is ACP but he is so humble and its you who walks around in my office carrying the attitude of an officer." He rolled his eyes at me.

I knew he was just joking. Virat was his favorite officer and he was already impressed by his impeccable record and capabilities and after meeting me on few occasions, knowing my background, he just looked at me like his daughter. I knew he would help me out.

"So what is the problem?" He inquired finally.

I told him about how Dr. Pulkit disappeared and local police is not helping us out infact, they just want us to forget about it. I also told him about chief inspector Patwardhan there might be under someone's influence, however I didn't tell him about the possible involvement of my own family in all this. I wanted to but then I thought no matter however they are, they are Virat's family and I should not take their name like this in front of DIG sir.

In the next second DIG sir dialed inspector Patwardhan's number and asked him to personally look into our case. He also threatened him that if he failed to help us then he should be ready to be demoted. I knew it was enough to motivate local police and chief inspector to help us. I bid him goodbye and thanked him for the help.

"Woh...Virat...kaise hain? Sab theek hai na? Kab tak unka mission khatan hoga?" I turned before leaving as I couldn't help but feel worried for Virat. Its been such a long time since he left.

"Don't worry. He is fine. Mission is going great. So far its been successful and might end very soon." DIG sir assured me and I Smiled at him thanking him again for keeping me informed atleast about Virat's safety.