Chapter 6 : Echoes of fate

"Sometimes,an unexpected alliance "In the echoes of destiny, we find the whispers of our purpose, guiding us along the path of our truest selves."

.
.
.
.
.

This chapter contains some themes that may not be suteble for someone readers
.
.
.
.
.

"Emmaaaa!" A voice boomed from behind, reverberating through the air and causing a sudden jolt of surprise to course through me as I spun around to identify its source.

It was my coworker Susan." I have been calling since ever now haven't you heard me...? .You seem really out of it today. What's going on? You haven't been focusing on work at all."Susan asked

"Sorry, I guess my mind's been elsewhere."I answered

Susan: "Is everything okay? You've been zoning out all day.You aslmost sound like you're in love"she said

I Sighed " Yea...yea, I think I might be in love."

"Really? Tell me everything! Who's the lucky guy?"She utterd excitedly

"Well, his name's Vladim. He's 49, so the age gap isn't too concerning. He's Russian. And... that's about all I've got on him."

"That's it?... Well, how did you two cross paths?"

"We bumped into each other on the street last night, and, uh... he was injured, so I brought him here and tended to his wound, and... we kissed."

"Wow, really? That escalated quickly. Kissing a guy you barely know. He could be a serial killer for all you know."

"No, he's not. Besides, I'm going out to dinner with him tonight. I'll get to know him better."

"Okay, just be careful..."
She paused mid-sentence, her gaze drifting past me. Following her line of sight, I spotted the familiar figure of the blonde girl from yesterday, whose struggles with substance use had left me taken aback. Initially surprised, I found myself grappling with a mix of emotions...

"I've come to apologize for my outburst yesterday. I realize you were just trying to help and do your job, and I shouldn't have spoken to you like that. I'm sorry; I was just... going through a lot, and I let it out on you."The girl said

"It's okay. I understand. It's my fault too. I pushed you too hard to talk, and I should've been more considerate. Anyway, are you feeling better now? You don't know me well, but if you want to talk about it, I'm here."

"Yeah, if you're available, I'd like to talk to you about something. I feel like you're the only person I can confide in without judgment and genuinely cares about me I see you like an older sister."

"My shift ends in 5 minutes. If you're up for it, you can wait here, and we can grab lunch together afterward. There's a restaurant nearby that I know. What do you think?"

"Yeah, sure. I'll wait here."

Meanwhile in new York centel park:

As the black Cadillac Escalade glided to a halt by the iconic Central Park in New York City, two figures emerged from its sleek interior.

Assistant: sir vladim,Are you sure you'll be alright ?