Misdiagnosis?

YEAR 2024

Jihyo stirred in her bed, feeling the soft morning light seeping through the curtains. She stretched her arms, yawning as she got up. She went about her usual morning routine, washing up and heading downstairs to the kitchen. But something felt different.

The usual hustle and bustle of the household seemed absent. Normally, at this hour, the kitchen would be alive with the clatter of pans and the aroma of breakfast cooking, but today, there was an unusual quietness, then she remembered that yesterday she had gone out to buy groceries as the fridge only had water bottles in there.

With a puzzled expression, Jihyo proceeded to prepare breakfast. Knowing Hyejin's fondness for waffles, she decided to whip up a batch, topping them with a generous amount of whipped cream and slices of ripe banana. Satisfied with her work, she set the table, placing Hyejin's portion in front of her usual seat. She's about to place her own plate on the other end of the table but she decided against it and place hers near Hyejin's

She knocks on Hyejin's door and waits for a response, she knocks again but she receives nothing. She furrowed her brow in concern and with a bit of hesitation she slowly opened the door. She found her still asleep.

"Hyejin-nah?" She called her but she got no response, "Wait, she never sleeps in." said confused.

She slowly made her way close to her bed, "Hyejin-nah, wake up." she said while gently shaking the end of the bed.

"It's past 7:00 am." still no response.

She kneels beside the bed and places her hand near her wife's nose to check if she is still breathing. She sighed in relief when she felt the faint rhythm of wife's breath against her skin. She then observed her, 'she really looks like an angel when she sleeps.' She thinks to herself and smiles softly.

She leans in close to Hyejin, to get a much closer look. As if sensing her presence, Hyejin's eyes fluttered open, meeting Jihyo's gaze with a mix of confusion and curiosity. "What?" she murmured, her voice thick with sleep.

Caught off guard, Jihyo struggled to find her words, her mind racing as she searched for an explanation. She felt her cheeks flushing with embarrassment.

"What is it?" Hyejin asked her again.

She then places her lips on her, she pulls back and Hyejin is looking at her with flustered eyes, "Morning... Kiss," Jihyo said before gulping, "Good morning."

Hyejin then sat in her bed, "You must be in a good mood to say that. Even your skin looks healthier," Hyejin said while fixing her pajamas, "You must've slept well, I tossed and turned all night."

"Me?" She asked. Feeling suddenly self-conscious, Jihyo immediately got up and took a step back, her gaze flickering away. "Breakfast is ready," she mumbled, before quickly leaving the room.

Hyejin's P.oV.

Jihyo drove us to the medical center, "Let me warn you. You're the only one who knows about this. So if anyone finds out, it's your fault," I calmly stated.

"I understand, but will you keep this a secret forever?" She asked.

"Yes," I replied simply.