・After 20 Years・(oc)

Journey's POV

After everything... After literally the mistake of my being born... After I meet Hope and Penny... After my dad died... I've had ptsd which I don't think is something to joke around about but therapy is not helping!

It all started 20 years ago... I was like 5 so still so young but knew so much... My parents didn't want me to do basic stuff that normal kids do like go outside and hang out with other 5 year olds or watch Disney or even play games saying that it's all bad for me. Father was never around because of 'work' just to find out he has been hunting down My neighbor for the past few years in this big ass secret group the government had no idea about... My neighbor and her girlfriend fight and kinda killed some of them... I can't blame them tho because I would do the same if I was them! But they also killed my dad...

Fast forward 20 years later I'm now 25 and got my own apartment and band! I play with my friends I call my siblings! I'm the drummer and I would say I'm pretty good at it myself! My mom have improved over the time and I help her out since she's getting old...

I woke up from a good nap and guess what? Today's my dad's 61st b-day! Even tho he did awful stuff doesn't mean I still can't celebrate his day! And he gave me life... I don't think I should hate him that much... Right?

I get up and put my slippers on. I can just go see him comfortable! I put on perfume and makeup then walked out my room.

I walked to the kitchen first and made some chicken stew for my mom.

"Hey mother! Hope you feel better!" I say. I was done with the stew and I was bringing it to my mom's room. I placed it down on the table and kissed her on the cheek.

"I'ma go see dad! You want to get him anything or?" I asked. My mom looked at me. "Just tell him I love him but he probably deserves to go to hell..." Me mom said. I giggled a little. "Can you say something sweet?" I say trying to held in laughter doing so. "Ugh... It really wasn't true love but... We made this wonderful child together that we should've raised her better and I know you would be smiling and hugging her so tight with tears of joy if you see what she did these past few years!" My mom said as she put her hand on my cheek. I smiled softly and nodded. "I will!" I said as u walk to the door. "And the stew is good!" My mom said. "Thanks!!" I said as I grab my bag and walk out.

I stopped at the flower place to see one of my band members. "Oh hello hello! Nice to see you finally got a job!" I said teasingly as she laughed. "Oh shut up! But what flowers do you want?" The pianoist said. "A Lotas flower..." I said. The pianoist smiled. "Nice choice, Journey!" The pianoist said grabbing some and putting it in a nice vase. "And it's on the house just for you partner!" She whispered to me then winked. "Well cya tomorrow?" She said. "Cya! And thanks!!" I said as I walked out. "No problem!" She said.

Now it's time to go to the grave yard...

Once I got there I went to go find his grave and I got on my knees. I grabbed the Lotas flower in my hand and took a deep breath.

"Happy birthday father! I wish you can see me now! I wish I can see you now... I'm no longer that young boy with 5 years of experience of you basically abusing me and I think you could've changed! Still doesn't mean your actions were right before you were 100% in the wrong but you did so much more for me at a young age I have to thank you... My mom told me to tell you that... 'No it wasn't true love but we made a wonderful child and we should've raised her better and I know if you saw her today you would smile and hug her so tight and cry tears of joy by how much she did this year!' But I just came here to say happy 61st b-day and love you..." I said. I'm still questioning if I mean the words 'I love you' but I don't think that's important rn...