Chapter 5

"...Two and a half billion!"

"...Three billion!"

"...Three and a half billion!"

The Kraken's bidding price increased at a jaw-dropping speed.

Scarface was still waiting outside Private Room 203.

He actually didn't quite understand why the boss ordered him to wait until the end of tonight's auction if the other party didn't open the door since he had determined the location of the goods.

However, the boss's decisions always have the boss's considerations in mind.

So when the other party didn't respond, Scarface obeyed the boss's instructions and waited in the corridor.

In the private room, Duke frowned when he heard Scarface knocking on the door: "Boss, this..."

But before he finished speaking, Fu Linyuan once again pressed the button at hand seemingly casually, and then the pop-up The DJ on the screen confirmed the increase.

The host in the audience became even more excited: "Four billion! Guest No. 203 bids four billion!"

Duke: "..."

Taking a breath, Duke reminded in a low voice: "The boss probably won't..."

Such reimbursement Much money.

And the marshal is not always opposed...

"I know." Fu Linyuan's words interrupted his thoughts: "This part goes to my personal account."

Duke knew that the blood of the Siren contained ingredients that could suppress mental riots, and he also knew the marshal's spirit. The condition of the sea has become extremely bad.

It's just that before today's action, the marshal didn't seem to be interested in the Siren's auction at all.

Even though several of their subordinates tried to persuade him in turn, the other party didn't seem to take the matter to heart at all.

Thinking of this, Duke couldn't help but glance at Yu Bai, who was sleeping on the sofa.

He seems to be different from other sirens.

If we can communicate, is it possible to ask him... to take the initiative to help the marshal?

As if aware of his thoughts, Fu Linyuan's eyes still fell on the booth below: "...When he wakes up, ask him for the coordinates of his home planet. If he wants to go back, you can send him back."

Duke:... ...? ? ?

He glanced at Yu Bai again in disbelief and said, "Boss, are you planning to...send him home?"

Did he hear that correctly?

The marshal plans to spend billions and then release them?

Fu Linyuan frowned and glanced at him: "Any objection?"

Duke touched his nose honestly: "...No, boss, I have no objection."

The bidding price has reached 5 billion.

"Five billion! Is there any higher bid than five billion?"

Coincidentally, it was still the guests in private room 207 who kept raising their prices.

It seems that the Kraken is inevitable.

At such an expensive price, many other bidders have already withdrawn from the bidding.

five billion.

The guests in private room 207 seemed not to give up yet, so they directly added another 500 million.

"Five.5 billion!" The host was so excited that his face turned red. "VIP No. 207 paid a high price of 5.5 billion. Are there any other guests who want to increase the price?"

Fu Linyuan's expression remained unchanged, and he added another billion. .

Sixty-five billion, the guests in private room 207 seemed to be stunned.

The other party was quiet for a full minute before adding 500 million again.

Fu Linyuan added another billion.

The other side was completely quiet this time.

"Eight billion once! Eight billion twice! Eight billion three times! Deal——! Let us congratulate VIP No. 203..."

Fu Linyuan then looked back at the booth below and calmly asked Duke to ask What's wrong with the people still waiting at the door?

*

Yu Bai was woken up by Duke.

To be precise, he woke up while Duke was putting a bandage on his ankle.

The little mermaid is actually very resistant to human contact.

But the brown-eyed human in front of me is the one who appeared in the projection before.

Fu Linyuan knew him.

So Yu Bai resisted the instinctive impulse to kick the other person away and just sat up slowly.

"Are you awake?" Duke didn't know that he had just escaped a kick. He put the remaining bandages back into the medical kit and said, "The sprain of your right ankle is a bit serious, but our unit... our leader has already I've given you good medicine. Try not to move around too much these days, and you'll recover soon..."

He spoke a bit too fast, and Yu Bai didn't understand what he meant at all.

Looking around, he found that he was back in the suite he had just been in.

Only this time, there are no handcuffs restricting freedom on the wrists.

Seeing that Yu Bai remained silent, Duke remembered that the siren in front of him might not understand what he was saying.

Scratching his head, he tentatively called out what the marshal told him: "Xiao Bai?"

?

Yu Bai raised his eyes, then tilted his head in confusion.

What are you calling me for?

The bright blue eyes that looked at him had the innocence and ignorance of a child.

Even though he knew in his heart that the man in front of him was a siren with a ferocious personality but a low IQ, and being looked at by such an obedient gaze, Duke coughed slightly and unconsciously slowed down his tone. At the same time, he subconsciously stretched out his hand and gestured: "We are going to do it." You have left Taal. Do you still remember where your home planet is? The boss redeemed you and asked me to take you home."

Yu Bai only understood a few of the words.

Let's leave, Tar Star, and go

home. In fact, Yu Bai is not sure of the specific meaning of the word "go home," but if he remembers correctly, in the human world, it seems to be going to a place where you can sleep at night.

What does the brown-eyed human in front of me mean...

that they are leaving Tar Star to go to sleep?

Thinking of this, Yu Bai nodded in understanding, indicating that he understood.

He actually nodded!

Duke thought, recalling the interaction he saw with his boss on the video call.

This little siren seems really smart.

Driven by curiosity, he looked at Yu Bai and asked, "Can you understand what I said?"

Yu Bai did understand this sentence.

After thinking for a while, he nodded.

Then he raised his hand, made a fist, and tried to make a little gesture.

I can understand, but not much.

Duke:!

Duke: "Do you know who saved you just now?"

Yu Bai nodded again.

Fu Linyuan was his friend in his previous life.

was the first human to lend a helping hand to him.

Duke spoke more slowly: "The person who saved you just now is my boss, he..."

Yu Bai listened carefully.

Oh, it turns out that Fu Linyuan's name is pronounced "my boss".

Duke didn't know that the little siren had completely misunderstood what he meant. He stretched out his hand and drew the shape of a starship in the air: "He asked me to ask you, do you want to go home? I can take you back."

Sleep?

Yu Bai blinked.

He is not sleepy at all now.

So he shook his head.

"?" Duke was a little confused, "You don't want to go home?"

As far as he knew, the siren was a very home-loving species, and most of the successful hunting cases were of waiting near the discovered siren's nest.

And Yu Bai didn't quite understand why the human in front of him kept asking him if he wanted to sleep.

He had just woken up and was not sleepy at all.

So he shook his head again, more firmly this time.

Duke thought for a few seconds and clicked on the smart terminal on his wrist.

A star map was projected between the two people.

"Do you remember where home is?" Duke asked.

Although this was not the first time Yu Bai had seen the star map, except for the star field of the Orn Empire, which looked familiar to him, he did not recognize other areas.

This is because Fu Linyuan introduced him to the star field of the Orn Empire when he was in the laboratory before.

But it was a pity that the starship disintegrated before reaching the main star he mentioned.

Duke didn't know what Yu Bai was thinking, and thought he was speaking too fast, so he slowed down and asked again word for word: "Do you remember where home is?"

Duke's voice confused Yu Bai. His attention was drawn back.

...Why is this man asking me where he sleeps?

Yu Bai, who was a little confused by the question, accurately pointed to the main star of the Orn Empire among the planets.

Looking at where he pointed, Duke was stunned for a moment.

He thought Yu Bai didn't understand, and said, "You mean, your home is here?"

Yu Bai nodded seriously.

Duke wanted to say something more, but at this moment, the top of the terminal screen showed that he had received an encrypted message.

It should be the subordinate responsible for tracking down Medusa's buyer tonight who will contact him.

Duke thought for a while, turned off the star map projection first, and then said slowly to Yu Bai: "Tal Star is a very dangerous place."

"I have some work to deal with now, you stay in the room first and don't go out... ..." Duke actually wanted to use electronic handcuffs to tie up the little siren, but he gave up the idea after remembering that his boss had told him that the little siren seemed to be able to open locks.

As long as he locks the room door from the outside.

This is a hotel owned by the auction house. As long as he doesn't go out, there won't be any accidents.

Thinking of this, Duke pointed at the door, and then made a cross sign with his hand to Yu Bai: "Don't open the door for anyone, just stay here. I'll be right back after I finish the work. Then I'll figure out how to send you home." Something."

The sea-blue eyes looked at him quietly for a few seconds, and then the owner of the eyes nodded obediently.

So Duke left the room for the time being.

Yu Bai actually only understood a few words of Duke's last words.

Tar Star, danger, get out, don't, come back

... Is this human telling him to run away quickly?

Yu Bai, who was left in the room, looked at the door in confusion.

He just heard the door locking.

Duke said quite a lot, and because he was not sure whether his understanding was correct or not, Yu Bai hesitated for a while, and then quietly used a small amount of mental power to go out through the crack in the door and secretly observe the situation outside.

The corridor was still quiet, and Duke was no longer visible.

After observing for a while, I didn't find anything suspicious.

But just when Yu Bai was about to breathe a sigh of relief, he suddenly noticed that there seemed to be someone at the end of the corridor.

The other party was moving furtively in the direction of his room, and not long after, he stopped silently outside the door.

As the distance got closer, Yu Bai recognized him.

It was one of the goons who had been chasing him the night before.

The man was holding something else in his hand.

It wasn't until he put the thing in his hand on the identifier at the door that the little mermaid reacted.

As the recognition success message sounded...

the door opened.