Chapter 51

Duke had no intention of eavesdropping.

It's just that when he came to look for someone, he happened to hear Shen Zhichu talking about medicine on the other end of the phone.

Thinking that the other party would have to go for a review tomorrow, Duke was inevitably a little worried.

"Is it about the re-examination tomorrow?" There was obvious worry in his tone, "Why do you still need to take medicine? Didn't you say it has been going well?"

Shen Zhichu stared at Duke for two seconds before calming down as usual. He picked up the terminal and said, "It's nothing. The hospital reminded me to pick up palliatives during my review."

Duke scratched his head and said, "Oh, that's it..."

Are you going to get the medicine? He just seemed to hear Shen Zhichu say what kind of medicine he was going to give to someone?

However, he was already far away just now, and the echo from the stairwell made the other party's voice a little blurry. Duke didn't think much about it, and almost immediately put the matter behind him: "What did I just say... ...The boss said he has something to do with you, so he wants you to come over now."

Shen Zhichu responded and followed Duke out of the stairwell.

When Shen Zhichu returned to the conference room, the person in charge of the mecha maintenance department had already left.

Fu Linyuan was the only one in the huge conference room.

Shen Zhichu lowered his gaze, called out the report, and went in after receiving approval.

"Duke said you were looking for me?"

"Yes." Fu Linyuan closed his brain and gestured to the empty seat next to him, "Sit down."

The silence in the conference room continued for a few seconds again before the young marshal spoke: "Next month, the cabinet will This year's evaluation report will be announced. "

For the military department, the annual evaluation report will summarize their performance and achievements during the year and reward them based on their merit.

Shen Zhichu knew this: "Yes, I know. Is there something wrong with the soldier information provided before?"

"No."

Fu Linyuan shook his head: "It's your assessment result."

"...Mine?"

"You know "Yes, Admiral Evans was going to retire next year." The young marshal said in a calm voice, "But after this incident, his retirement is expected to be advanced to this year."

Shen Zhichu said.

"The First Army Corps will be transferred to Ford Base at the end of this year." Fu Linyuan said, "Adjutant Duke's rank will be promoted to lieutenant general."

He did not finish the rest of the words, but Shen Zhichu had already subconsciously tightened his grip. fist.

"Marshal..." He took a breath and asked, "What do you mean, I will not be transferred to Ford Base with the regiment?"

"Yes." Fu Linyuan's tone was still calm, "The cabinet means that with your In this case, you will continue to stay in the main star department next year, and your work content will completely change to processing documents. "

Shen Zhichu's situation is very special.

Judging from his background, the fact that he can now handle the documents of the First Army as an adjutant in the military department is already a special case among special cases.

Fu Linyuan knew this very well.

Because of the special situation, he rarely has the opportunity to go out with him on field trips like Duke.

The failure of the last field mission on Taal Planet even blocked Shen Zhichu's path to promotion in the future.

"...Thank you for telling me in advance." After exhaling slowly, Shen Zhichu lowered his head, "Marshal, I..."

"Don't rush to say this yet."

Fu Linyuan pulled out a document from one side and pushed it in front of Shen Zhichu.

"I do not agree with the cabinet's decision."

The young marshal's tone remained calm, without any emotional ups and downs: "With your personal ability, staying on the main star as a clerk is a waste of resources."

Shen Zhichu opened the document in front of him. Astonishingly, this is his entire resume after entering the military.

"Check if there are any omissions here." Fu Linyuan said, "If not, I will submit your scheduling application to the cabinet at the regular meeting next week."

After hearing this, Shen Zhichu gritted his teeth, raised his eyes and asked, "Marshal... why would you help? Me?"

Hearing this, Fu Linyuan seemed a little surprised as to why he asked that. He glanced at him and said calmly, "Because you are also a soldier of the First Army."

"As the commander of the First Army, I should. Work hard for your subordinates to get the promotion opportunities they deserve." He continued, "Your abilities are not bad and should not be buried."

Shen Zhichu's eyes flashed: "I..."

"You don't need to rush to answer now." Fu Linyuan nodded at the documents on the table with a hint, "Take it back and look at it carefully. If there are any omissions, tell me before the next regular meeting."

This was the last chance given to him for the sake of his brother.

Lowering his eyes, Fu Linyuan took back his hand.

Shen Zhichu, please take care of yourself.

After returning to the main star, what made Yu Bai most happy was that he could finally sleep on the big bed in his room again.

There is no harm without comparison. I had been a little nervous on the starship and Ford base before, so I ignored this.

Now that she has returned to the main star and is completely relaxed, the little mermaid has discovered that...

the big bed is really nice.

Why didn't you find the big bed in your room so comfortable before?

The mattress was moderately soft and hard, and there was enough space for him to roll around on it three times. He could move no matter what in the middle of the night without fear of falling off the bed.

The food cooked by Hoss is also delicious.

At least it tastes better than that tasteless nutritional supplement.

Life on the main star is now good anywhere in Yu Bai's eyes.

If you have to say where there is a flaw, the only one is that...

Fu Linyuan and I are no longer in the same room.

It's not that the little mermaid doesn't dare to sleep on her own, it's just that when she lived in the same dormitory with a man before, the latter would always remind him not to play with the terminal before going to bed.

The little mermaid also had the habit of listening to bedtime stories, so Fu Linyuan would tell him stories when he was free at night.

Now that he was no longer in the same room and no one told him stories, it suddenly became difficult to fall asleep.

Hoss didn't mind telling him stories, but the flat voice of the little robot was still somewhat different from Fu Linyuan's.

Hmm...

On the way to school, Yu Bai looked at the scenery outside the aircraft that was rapidly retreating, and thought.

Fu Linyuan seems to be very busy these days. He goes out to work every morning before breakfast, and he has gone to bed at night and the other party has not come back yet.

...When can I have time to tell him stories again?

Thinking of this, the little mermaid turned back and looked at the man in the driver's seat beside her: "Marshal?"

Fu Linyuan: "Huh?"

After thinking for a while, Yu Bai asked: "When are you going to have a holiday?"

"A holiday?" Fu Linyuan controlled the aircraft. Heading to the school's parking spot, "New Year."

The military department is actually open year-round.

Ordinary soldiers can also take turns to take holidays on public holidays, but as a commander, he needs to handle many official duties personally.

So throughout the year, there is only one day off during the New Year.

new year?

Yu Bai counted on his fingers.

New Year is in January.

It's October now.

There are still more than two months.

...Is there still two months left before Fu Linyuan can continue telling him stories?

"How long can the vacation last?" After calculating the date, the little mermaid asked expectantly.

He remembered Hoss saying that the school had winter vacation and summer vacation, and each vacation lasted for a month or two.

Fu Linyuan seems to be a very high-ranking person in the military department, and many people want to listen to him.

Then his vacation must be longer than others, right?

However, the man's faint answer quickly broke his imagination: "One day?"

"...One day?" Yu Bai repeated in disbelief, eyes wide open, "Why is it so short?"

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw the little mermaid's surprised look. , the man raised his lips very quickly and said, "I'm quite busy at work...is there something wrong?" It

's only a day off?

That's too tragic, right?

Yu Bai couldn't help but look at Fu Linyuan a few more times.

Then why do you have the nerve to ask him?

Turning his gaze back to the window, the child's tone contained a hint of unhappiness: "...It's okay."

At this time, the scenery outside gradually slowed down until it completely stopped.

After parking the aircraft at the parking spot, Fu Linyuan asked patiently: "What's wrong?"

He curled his lips and the child's eyes were still staring at the window.

After a long while, he whispered: "...I want to hear you tell a story."

Fu Linyuan paused.

"But forget it because you are very busy." When he said this, the disobedient hair on the little mermaid's head seemed to droop in frustration, "because Hoss said that work is very important."

Although he said kindness It's an understandable thing to say, but as long as you are not blind, you can feel the depressed mood emitting from the back of that furry head, which makes people want to agree to him.

"..." So the man clicked on the terminal, called up today's schedule and looked at it. After a moment, he said, "... I'm not busy at work today, I will go back early."

The stupid hair almost immediately Getting up, Yu Bai turned around again: "Really!"

If we go back early, we can tell stories!

"Yes."

Fu Linyuan looked at the time again. There were still fifteen minutes before the etiquette class started: "Do you still remember what we said before?"

The little mermaid nodded obediently: "I remember everything."

"Tell me about it?"

" You must always wear a change container outside, and you must not reveal your identity to anyone. If anyone asks, tell them that I grew up in the Fords Special Administrative Area, went to school there, and just graduated last year."

Yu Bai said one by one. Recalling what the other party told him in the morning.

"My parents are now living in the Fords Special Management Area. They were accidentally discovered by Marshal Fu... during last year's voyage. I have done some research on the Zerg and are sensitive to fluctuations in mental power, but my own mental power level is not Gao...um...and..."

The man added for him: "If someone asks you about the First Legion, you can say you don't know, or let them ask me directly."

"Yeah," the little mermaid. Nodding again, "I've remembered it all."

"The route to the classroom is marked on your terminal. I've already done the registration for you. Just go to class." Fu Linyuan reached out and put the phone in the storage compartment. He took out his schoolbag and handed it to Yu Bai, "Don't run around if you have nothing to do. Just wait for me at this berth after class, you know?"

The little mermaid replied obediently: "Yes."

Then the man hummed and looked at the other person again. Wearing a neat school uniform, Yu Bai pressed on the passenger's seat belt and said, "...go."

It was the first time that Yu Bai put on his schoolbag, which felt quite novel.

"I'm leaving."

"Yeah."

The male student's school uniform is a white shirt and black trousers, with the school badge pinned to the collar.

Although the little mermaid is on the thin side, her proportions are really good.

The school uniform with its unremarkable shape looked indescribably good-looking when he wore it.

Fu Linyuan, who stayed in the aircraft, watched the other party walk towards the teaching building.

Then he looked at the furry head and paused.

Yu Bai, who had already reached the door of the teaching building, ran back and knocked lightly on the window of the aircraft.

Today's Baibai is also open for business: nutrient solution! (Loudly)

Good evening