Chapter 78

Yu Bai, who was already sitting on the bed, looked up and looked a little confused: "It's just...a laboratory?"

How many more laboratories can there be?

The man frowned and sat next to him: "You never mentioned...what laboratory?"

The soft quilt was even warmer, and the little mermaid was even more sleepy. She supported her chin with one hand and almost closed her eyes completely. He went up: "It's the laboratory... Have you forgotten?"

"I stayed there... I'll do the math..."

Yu Bai closed his eyes and did the math, but he couldn't figure it out clearly, so he had no choice but to do the math... He opened his eyes willingly, lowered his head and counted on his fingers.

"Two...three...four"

"Three years, four months and nineteen days."

Fu Linyuan frowned even more tightly and asked softly: "What...are you doing in the laboratory?"

In those clear blue eyes, Feeling even more confused, Yu Bai muttered: "You really don't remember?"

Then, he raised his hand and began to make gestures on himself.

Fortunately, he was sitting on the bed, allowing him to gesture without any hindrance.

Calf, thigh, waist, abdomen, chest, forearm...

Thin fingertips lightly scratched the fair skin, leaving a little indentation when pressed.

"Here...here...here..." As he spoke, Yu Bai yawned again.

Then he whispered his experience.

The little mermaid's voice was still soft and her tone was calm: "...Everything has been cut open."

But Fu Linyuan noticed his slightly trembling fingertips.

...He remembered that he was afraid of pain.

With a frown on his face, the man subconsciously gently shook the other person's trembling hand and whispered, "If you don't want to recall it, you don't have to say it."

Anyone with a discerning eye can see that that memory is not a good one.

Just thinking about it made him start to tremble.

So even though the doubts in his heart had reached their peak, Fu Linyuan just squeezed the cold fingertips again to comfort him: "We can talk about it later."

The little mermaid lowered her eyes and was quiet for a while.

Then he raised his head, raised the corners of his mouth, and reached out to touch the back of his neck: "Didn't you ask me before... how did you know that the auction house's tracker was buried here?"

"Before..." Yu Bai yawned again. , "...Because I have been running away, those white clothes have trackers installed in many places on my body."

After several failed escapes and the experience of being caught back, the little mermaid was keenly aware that there should be something on her body that could Help these humans lock themselves into place.

He vaguely remembered that the first tracker he found seemed to be the one buried in his left forearm.

The tracker was not buried deep, and the people in the laboratory didn't think the mermaid was very smart, so after burying the tracker, they didn't help him remove the scars on his arms.

So Yu Bai quickly noticed the small bump on his arm.

The little mermaid watched patiently for a whole week. A week later, he took out the scales that he had secretly sharpened and cut his flesh again along the scar with shaking hands, and took out a small black device from inside.

Leaving the tracker in the tank, that escape seemed to be the furthest he had ever run.

Although he was eventually captured.

From then on, people in the laboratory noticed that this mermaid was very smart and could draw inferences from one example to another. He even secretly observed their conversations and tried to learn their language.

So they stopped communicating in front of him, and the place where the tracker was buried became more hidden each time.

But after all, he was stuffing something that didn't belong to him into his body, so every time, Yu Bai could quickly find the thing.

Probably because they had done so many times, those people were a little annoyed. One time later, when they re-embedded the tracker in the back of his neck, they did not inject him with anesthetic as if as punishment.

The metal blade sliced ​​through the flesh with ease.

"...It's right here."

As he said that, Yu Bai lowered his head and pointed at the back of his neck.

But that didn't stop him from trying again and again to leave that place.

Later, probably fed up with his increasingly skillful escapes, those people finally made up their mind and placed barbs on his waist.

From then on, the little mermaid finally completely lost the ability to move freely.

Yu Bai said that he was extremely sleepy during this period, and the evaporation of alcohol made it difficult for him to keep his eyes open.

His voice became smaller and smaller, and words with unfamiliar pronunciations began to be mixed in from time to time during his narration.

But Fu Linyuan almost understood everything.

Seeing that little silver head grow little by little due to sleepiness, he unconsciously squeezed the other person's slightly cold fingertips again.

Even though I kept holding it, it didn't seem to get warm at all.

"Yu Bai, you..."

Even though she was extremely sleepy, when she heard the other party calling her, the little mermaid still raised her head and hummed with half-open eyes.

After a pause, Fu Linyuan raised his hand and touched the soft top of his hair, and then asked in a low voice: "...Does it still hurt?"

"Well..." The little mermaid was stunned for a moment by the question, and then gently raised the corner of her mouth, "It doesn't hurt a long time ago. I'm not afraid of pain -"

But the words he said with a smile made people feel tight for no reason.

Yu Bai, who was in a daze, did not notice the change in the other person's mood. After laughing a few times, he raised his hand and gestured with two fingers: "...You have saved me twice."

"...Twice? "

Yes -" Sleepiness surged up, and the little mermaid slowly closed her eyes as if she could no longer hold on, and her voice became softer and softer.

"Last time you... took me out of the laboratory."

"This time you took me out of... the auction house."

"Twice - it's not like I can't count..."

The last word 'number' was almost too small. Not audible.

The beautiful eyes were completely closed, breathing gradually became calmer, and the furry little head was gently pressed against the man's arm.

The room was quiet for a few seconds.

Then Fu Linyuan slowly stood up and gently laid the person down on the bed.

After carefully tucking in the corners of the quilt, Fu Linyuan lowered his eyes and focused on his still red face.

During the time we spent together, although he didn't make him fatter, his complexion did get better.

The faint sick air disappeared from the eyebrows, and there was a little more vitality.

It was as if the delicate rose that was about to wither finally got sunlight and began to show signs of improvement.

......laboratory.

water tank.

auction.

The combination of key words suddenly reminded the man of something.

After Yu Bai helped him purify his mental power last time, he saw a vague scene.

The huge laboratory, the cold equipment, the water tank as high as the ceiling, the thin figure locked in the water tank, and...

the red color slowly floating in the water.

...When did this happen?

If I took him out of the laboratory...then why did he come to the auction house again?

There were still many questions, but looking at the other person's peaceful and well-behaved sleeping face, Fu Linyuan finally held back and did not wake him up.

...I'll ask again tomorrow.

At this moment, the terminal on his wrist vibrated again, and the man lowered his head and glanced.

Duke: [Boss, the people from the interrogation department are ready. ]

Before he could reply, two more messages popped up one after another.

[One more thing...]

[Can I apply to observe the supervision interrogation process? ]

Fu Linyuan did not refuse and replied while walking out.

[Okay]

And the moment he opened the door, whether it was because of the loud noise or some other reason, the person on the bed opened another eyelid.

"Fu Linyuan——"

Yu Bai, who was half asleep, raised his head in confusion.

"You haven't... told the story yet..."

However, before Fu Linyuan could say anything, the little head that had just been raised a little lay back on the pillow, and finally fell asleep unable to hold on.

...It's hard to believe that he's still sober after drinking a whole bottle of high-strength alcohol.

The man paused at the door for a moment.

Then he turned around, quietly returned to the bed, bent down, and patiently tucked the messed up quilt back into place again.

The lights in the room had automatically turned off long ago, leaving only the bright moonlight pouring in from the window.

"Tomorrow." He whispered, "I'll tell you two stories tomorrow, okay?"

The only answer was his shallow breathing.

The long-hidden emotions seemed to finally find a crack at this moment.

Under the cover of the moonlight, the man leaned over and silently kissed the sleeping man's forehead.

The warm lips touched the cool skin briefly and restrainedly, and left immediately.

That will never happen again.

You will never be hurt again.

I promise.

It was already late at night, but the military building on the main star was still brightly lit.

Especially the interrogation department located underground.

There seemed to be more people on duty tonight than usual, but for some unknown reason, even though there were more people coming and going, the surrounding atmosphere became more depressing.

Duke stared at the incandescent lamp in the corridor until his eyes felt sore and swollen, and then he looked away from the lamp.

The direct consequence of looking at a point that is too bright for a long time is that layers of ghosting will appear when looking elsewhere.

But Duke didn't seem to care at all.

He was still wearing the military uniform he had worn to the dinner party.

This morning, he just gave another set of replica military uniforms to his subordinates who would perform the mission with him that evening.

If I think about it now, it seems that I already had some clues.

It's just that...

I was negligent. I just thought that the other person hadn't gotten over the pain of losing a loved one, so he became a little withdrawn.

...How did things end up like this?

On the night of the banquet, based on the intercepted information, he ambush the target meeting place in advance.

The moment he saw each other, he thought it was some kind of coincidence.

After all, Shen Zhichu didn't know that they had intercepted a new message.

For what other reason than coincidence could he be there?

"Adjutant Duke——"

A female voice interrupted Duke's thoughts.

When he came to his senses, he realized that his colleagues from the interrogation department had stood in front of him at some point.

The other party held a tablet with the screen on: "Adjutant, the interrogation room is ready. Here is the department's temporary plan for the interrogation process. Do you want to take a look now?"

Looking at the documents on the other party's screen , Duke was stunned for a few seconds, then shook his head and said: "...wait for the marshal to come and give him a look, he will be here soon."

The female colleague hesitated for a moment and whispered: "Adjutant, if you feel that you are not "Comfortable, you can ask other officers to observe and supervise the interrogation process."

The corridor was silent for a while.

"...No need."

After a long time, Duke smiled at the other party.

"I'm also a little curious about Adjutant Shen's reason for betraying the legion."

Li Yu kept his word.