Chapter 32

Although he has lived in Ford Base for a few days, Yu Bai is actually not familiar with the terrain here because he often lives in the dormitory and cafeteria.

Fortunately, before the little mermaid ran far away, he saw Duke at the end of the corridor from a distance.

"!" Yu Bai's eyes lit up, "Duke——!"

But the strange thing is that he didn't know whether it was because the distance was too far or because the surrounding noise overshadowed Yu Bai's voice; Duke, who was walking in front, seemed not to hear it at all. to his shout.

Soon, Duke's back disappeared around a corner ahead.

By the time Yu Bai chased after him, Duke was completely out of sight.

And just as the little mermaid looked around anxiously and confusedly, a voice sounded.

"...Ah, isn't this Xiaobai?"

Yu Bai turned around and found that it was a female officer who had a good relationship with Duke.

Meeting Yu Bai here, she seemed a little surprised: "You should be on the tarmac by now, the marshal and the others will leave soon."

The little mermaid came out of the dormitory and ran very fast, her fair face Blushing all over, she gasped: "Stop... where is the apron?"

"Go straight this way, then turn right."

"Ah... thank you, thank you!"

In this way, the little mermaid ran all the way to the apron. .

He was lucky. When he arrived, although almost all the soldiers participating in the cruise had boarded the ship, the hatch had not yet been closed.

After checking his documents, Yu Bai successfully boarded the main ship.

Before he walked far, Yu Bai saw Duke on the stairs.

"Duke——!"

Duke heard it this time.

He turned around and saw Yu Bai, and said in surprise: "...Xiao Bai? Didn't the boss ask you to..."

"Yuan..." The dormitory was still far away from the tarmac. Yu Bai couldn't say a word. Without stopping, he bent down and held up his knees to catch his breath for a long time before continuing to ask, "Where is the marshal?"

"He should be in the control room upstairs," Duke pointed him in a direction, then frowned. , lowered his voice, "There are still seven minutes before the engine ignites, you still have time to go back."

The little mermaid shook her head: "...I want to follow him."

Duke wanted to say something more, but the terminal on his wrist reminded him. There was a loud noise, so he had to put Yu Bai to find Fu Linyuan first.

In the control room, the moment the man saw the little mermaid, he was obviously stunned.

After just a moment, he calmed down his emotions, whispered a few words to the subordinates on the side, and walked towards him: "...Why are you here?"

The broken hair in front of Yu Bai's forehead was a little messy from running just now, and the top of his head was There was a tuft of stupid hair raised up disobediently, looking particularly cute: "You...you..."

The little mermaid ran over all the way anxiously, and now she stood in front of the other party, and all the words she had already thought about were lost. Forgot everything.

"You" for a few seconds before Yu Bai held back a sentence: "You can't, turn on the mecha."

Fu Linyuan raised his eyebrows slightly: "Why?"

"It will hurt." Yu Bai tried to explain what he meant with the only vocabulary he had. "Using mental power will cause injury." Although driving a mecha for a long time will indeed put a certain burden on the mental sea and greatly increase the possibility of mental power being contaminated, Fu

Linyuan said: "I brought a demulcent agent."

The mermaid shook her head and said firmly: "It will hurt."

Fu Linyuan's spiritual sea has been seriously polluted.

His mental power is now extremely unstable, and it can almost be said that he is always on the edge of a mental storm.

Although I don't know why the always obedient little mermaid suddenly behaved like this, the worry in the other person's eyes is very real.

Fu Linyuan lowered his eyes and patiently explained: "...I am the commander of this cruise, and I must pilot the mecha."

Yu Bai pursed his lips in confusion.

"Then...then..."

Then take him with you?

You can actually purify and calm his mental power, so take him with you.

But should I tell him now?

Although no man had ever hurt him in his two lifetimes, the little mermaid was still a little timid at this time.

During the three years in the laboratory, he had seen countless pairs of human eyes through glass of this kind.

Those eyes were full of various emotions, but what impressed him most was the extreme greed and fanaticism.

There was a curiosity that could not be hidden in his excitement, as if he wanted to dig out a piece of meat from his body with his eyes.

After being stared at like this for too long, even though he knew that not all humans were like this, Yu Bai still felt uncontrollably timid.

It seemed like those people just wanted something from him because they knew he was a mermaid.

And they did, and during those three years in the lab, they cut him open hundreds of times just to study his healing abilities; they also got a lot from him—muscle tissue, blood, Bone marrow...

the old man in the lab even took one of his ribs.

If he told Fu Linyuan his abilities.

Will he... also show that look?

Although his reason told Yu Bai that the other party would not be like this, now that the option of confessing was placed in front of him, he only felt helpless that was hard to ignore.

Yu Bai will still be afraid.

Curling his fingers, the little mermaid lowered his head, stared at his toes, and asked: "Then...can you take me with you?"

Before he finished speaking, as if he was worried about being rejected, he promised in a low voice: "I, Be obedient and don't run around, okay?"

After being covered by Yi Container, the silver-white hair was just an ordinary black.

Fu Linyuan looked at the hair on Yu Bai's head, as if he wanted to say something.

In fact, he was still hesitating just now whether leaving the other party in the base was the right decision.

Especially after Evans revealed that the base may have been infiltrated.

There are more and more cases of unexplained mental violence, and the base is suspected to have been infiltrated...

Even if it is not yet certain whether the infiltration of the base is related to the laboratory, the interior of the Ford Base is still unsafe after all.

Although he didn't know the reason why Yu Bai, who had always been obedient, suddenly came to him, but taking him with him to defend the line...

Thinking of the efficacy of the siren's blood, it seemed safer to take him with him after all.

After a pause, he didn't explain his thoughts, but he didn't refuse either: "Okay..."

Yu Bai was delighted.

"...Ask Duke to take you to my room." Taking the walkie-talkie handed over by his subordinate, the man raised his hand and gently smoothed the little mermaid's messy hair, "Someone will deliver food later."

" So you ran all the way here? Didn't you take a plane?"

Duke, who led Yu Bai through the corridor, said, "Good guy, it's quite far."

Yu Bai didn't think it was that far, but he remembered it. Another thing: "Just now, I called your name, but you couldn't hear it."

Duke touched the back of his head: "Then... maybe it was too noisy in the hall? Everyone was busy doing it just now. The final material check..."

"No," Yu Bai shook his head, "Just now, I called you in the corridor, but you couldn't hear me."

Duke touched the back of his head again: "Ah? Xiao Bai, you know? Isn't that wrong? That shouldn't be me. I came to the main ship very early today, around six o'clock in the morning. I came here before dawn,

because I had to do a final inventory of supplies and ammunition before departure . .medicine, so Duke would habitually board the main ship early that morning and start work early.

"That's right," but Yu Bai was very sure that the person he saw in the corridor was Duke. The two people looked exactly the same. "He has the same face as you."

He said with great certainty, and Duke didn't think so either. The little siren was so bored that he made up such a story to fool himself, and he suddenly became serious: "...Do you still remember what kind of clothes he was wearing?"

Ten minutes later, the fleet had left the atmosphere of Fortus Star.

After another ten minutes, they officially drove out of the star domain of the Orn Empire and entered deep space.

Fu Linyuan, who returned to his room, also heard about Yu Bai's encounter with Duke in the corridor.

"So... before boarding the main ship, you saw Duke in the corridor?"

Yu Bai, who was sitting on the bedside, nodded, and then repeated: "... He was wearing a light green top, black pants, and black Shoes and everything else are the same."

Fu Linyuan was silent for a few seconds.

At the time Yu Bai mentioned, Fu Linyuan himself was on his way to the main ship.

At that time, Duke happened to make a call to him from the ship's landline just to confirm the number of mecha ammunition.

So there was no way Duke would be in the hallways of the dormitory at that point in time.

In other words, what Yu Bai saw was not Duke.

And just now he retrieved the information of all active soldiers at Ford Base.

After face search and comparison, there is no active soldier whose facial features are so similar to Duke that it would be confusing.

Then, it is very likely that the person Yu Bai saw was also wearing a Yi container.

Thinking of this, Fu Linyuan's eyes darkened, and he carefully asked the direction in which 'Duke' disappeared.

Yu Bai gestured and told everything he knew.

After writing down the details of what the little mermaid said, the man told him to stay in the room and not go out, and then left.

Yu Bai can now almost completely understand what Fu Linyuan and Duke said.

They said that what they had just seen was not the real Duke, but another person using a transshipment container.

...That must be the bad guy, right?

After all, pretending to be another person to enter the base must have other purposes.

This also reminded Yu Bai of the first time he met Fu Linyuan.

At that time, Fu Linyuan was also wearing a transshipment container, disguised as an employee, and sneaked into the laboratory.

When Yu Bai saw him for the first time, even though he was across the water tank and even though his facial features were the same, he was keenly aware that the person in front of him was a complete stranger.

Someone he'd never seen in a lab before.

And now someone is pretending to be Duke...

The little mermaid sitting by the bed gently hugged her legs, and felt a sense of fear in her heart.

What if the person just heard me calling him? What

if that person...

was here to catch him?

At the same time, someone who was contacting Evans said: ...Fortunately, my wife came here on her own (same fear.jpg)

Good evening, the first update was delivered

uh uh uh I was busy with classes today, but luckily I got

the second update I'm almost finished. I'm almost finished.

Ahem, the author's schedule is not very earthly, so... As I said, you don't have to stay up late to wait =3=

Thank you for your support, Chirmi