Hostility Against an Automaton:

Nobody ever bothers me around here, really. I'm alone in the library for the most part, save for Sonia and Toko, but neither of them pay me any mind, nor I them. So I'm sure that this is to be a quiet time alone, just me reading. 

Or so I thought. 

Oddly enough, Kiibo and Rantaro want in, talking quietly. I'm honestly surprised. Rantaro isn't fond of libraries, like, at all. I've asked him why, as he is a dear friend to me, and his reply was very strange. 

"I always feel off when I'm in them, you know, Kiyo? They fill me with heavy existential dread. And I've had way too many dreams of dying in one to be comfortable."

I think I stared in their direction for too long, because Rantaro looks my way. He raises his hand in a friendly wave and walks over to me. Little to my surprise, his stupid robot friend doesn't follow after. 

"Hi, Kiyo, what're you doing, hm?" he asks, cocking his head curiously at the books I have on the table. 

I shrug. "You know, what I always do. Nothing out of the ordinary for me. And what of you? You're here, of all places, in the midst of your recovery. Let's not forget you suffered severe head trauma a while back."

He bites his lip nervously, rubbing the back of his head. A month ago, he fell down a good bit of steps and was lucky enough to even survive. Just a week ago, he awoke from the coma he'd slipped into. I was so glad to know he wasn't dead. 

Rantaro sighs. "I... Got to go. Hate to leave Ki standing over there all by himself. Poor guy doesn't really have anyone else to be around."

I raise an eyebrow. "He... Doesn't?"

My eyebrows shoot up when Rantaro shakes his head and says, "Nah, not really. Aside from Shuichi and Kaede, he doesn't spend time with, like, anyone."

I nod in understatement. "And so you've been making an effort to be all friendly with him?"

Rantaro shrugs. "Pretty much. See ya, Kiyo. Good reading! If I was you, I would fall asleep at some point into it, hah."

I roll my eyes at him as he walks away. "Oh, you think you're so funny, don't you?"

It was a rhetorical question. That's why I got no reply. He also probably didn't hear me. 

Now what was the deal with mister Ultimate Robot? He simply didn't like me because I simply didn't like him. And why did I not like him? It was for a stupid reason. I was a small bit jealous of him and overprotective of my friend Rantaro. 

I know something nobody else does, and it's the fact Kiibo has a really strong emotion. And it's towards Rantaro, which is why he always acts so concerned for him. 

See, I could TRY to make things better between me and him, but they've gone so downhill that I don't think it'll work out. I sigh deeply and close my book, deciding I need to get out of the library and back to my room. 

Maybe I just need to get ahold of myself. This whole enmity is so stupid, after all. I should just stop caring. Maybe if that happens, things will get better between us. 

I open my door to find Himiko on the floor, staring up at the ceiling with a blank expression on her face. Am I crazy or can she sleep with her eyes open? That would be cool. Really creepy, but cool. 

"Hi," she says drowsily, not bothering to lift her head and look me in the eyes. Not that unexpected her to. Himiko sucks at eye contact.  

I walk over to her and kick her side gently. So gently that kick wouldn't be the right word. More like nudged her with my foot. 

"What?"

"Get up, for God's sake Himiko," I tell her, making sure I'm not coming off as rude or angry at all. 

Himiko sighs sharply. "No, the floor's comfortable, and I'm tired."

I face palm. "Kekeke... You're always tired, aren't you?"

All she replies with is "Nyeh..."

I pay her no mind as I move to my bed and sit down with my books. By now, my interaction with Rantaro in the library is completely out of my mind. Good.