Going into battle

Once the young elf had collected his belongings, the pair immediately set out on horseback towards the horizon. The breeze blew through the elves' long, delicate hair as they travelled through the beautiful elven forests. They spoke no words in fear of being caught by the king's watchers. Although he was his son, the prince knew how unforgiving his guards could be towards any sign of resistance, especially in recent times. It was speculated that a war would be upon the entirety of Eirene soon, and that the wizard Vard was recruiting armies from across the kingdoms.

Eventually, a serene body of water known as Hunter's river appeared in the adventurers' excellent vision. Being elves, all of their senses were heightened, so they had yet a while to go before reaching their destination.

Suddenly, a group of brutish ogres trodded over the hill heading straight towards the two.

Aelfric came to a halt, his fellow traveller following closely behind, and took his bow and arrow from his back. 

"Aim towards their leader," the blonde prince ordered.

Meticulously, Aelfric pulled his spruce wooden bow back and shot an arrow directly into the creature's chest. As the arrow hit, the ogre recoiled back in pain and fell to the ground. Seeing this as an act of attack, his army began charging towards the elves.

"What do we do now, my lord?" Leaf worried, leading his horse behind the nearest tree.

"We fight."

With all their might, despite their disadvantage in numbers, they began to shoot down every ogre in sight. Soon, the beautiful bank alining the river became a bloody battlefield under a fading night sky.

However, just as the kind town elf thought they were going to defeat them after all, came a suprise attack from behind into his back. He immediately screamed out in pain, despite his efforts to remain calm, and crashed to the muddy ground. His vision started to blur and weariness finally got the best of him as he collapsed.