Chapter 2

Amy walked out of the old abandoned house, the FACELESS card clutched in her hand. Night had fallen, and the shadows seemed deeper than ever. She headed towards the first place indicated on the map: Middlebury Cemetery.

The graves were lined up like silent sentinels. Amy felt a presence, something peering at her from the darkness. She approached an ancient tombstone, covered in moss. The name engraved on it was faded, but she knew that's where she had to look.She dug in the earth, her fingers sinking into the cool of the night. Suddenly she hit something hard. An object wrapped in worn cloth. She dug it up and unfolded it. It was an old mirror, its wooden frame cracked. Amy looked into it, and what she saw chilled her to the core.His own face, but different. His eyes were filled with terror, his mouth open in a silent scream. She felt a wave of fear, an ancestral terror that made her waver. It was the object linked to fear, the one she had to face.FACELESS said that every truth has a price.

 Amy now knew that this prize was the revelation of her own emotions. She mentally prepared herself, then touched the mirror. Fear invaded her, overwhelmed her. She relived moments in her life when she had been afraid: the night she lost her father, the time she was stalked by a criminal. Terror gripped her, but she held on.When the fear finally dissipated, Amy knew she had succeeded. The mirror was now broken into pieces, and she felt lighter, free of an old burden. She put the fragments in her pocket and prepared for the next test.The FACELESS was waiting for him, somewhere in the darkness. 

And she was ready to do anything to save her brother. Amy walked out of the cemetery, the broken mirror still in her pocket. The moon was high in the sky, lighting up the dark alleys of Middlebury. She headed towards the second location indicated on the map: the old abandoned library.The doors creaked when she pushed them open. The interior was dusty, the shelves covered with tattered books. Amy knew she had to look for something related to anger. She searched the shelves, her fingers sliding over the worn bindings.Suddenly, she found an old grimoire, its leather cracked and its pages yellowed. She opened it and read the words written in red ink: "The Wrath of the Ancients."

 Amy felt a dark energy emanating from the book. This was the object she was looking for.She sat at a table, the grimoire in front of her. She remembered the times when she had felt angry: the arguments with her brother, the injustices she had seen in the city. She closed her eyes and let the anger rise within her. She relived those moments, rage boiling through her veins.The grimoire lit up, its pages turning of their own accord. Amy read the incantations, speaking the forbidden words. Anger overwhelmed her, making her tremble. She felt an ancient force flow through her, a power she had never known.When she opened her eyes, the grimoire was empty. The anger had disappeared, giving way to a strange calm. Amy knew she had succeeded. She put the grimoire in her bag and prepared for the final test.The FACELESS was waiting for him, somewhere in the darkness. And she was ready to do anything to save her brother. When she opened her eyes, the grimoire was empty. The anger had disappeared, giving way to a strange calm. Amy knew she had succeeded.

 She put the grimoire in her bag and prepared for the final test.The FACELESS was waiting for him, somewhere in the darkness. And she was ready to do anything to save her brother. Her footsteps echoed in the narrow corridor, the stone walls seeming to close in on her. The light from the torches flickered, casting eerie shadows on the walls. Amy clutched the hilt of her dagger hidden in her boot, ready to use it if necessary.She had heard about FACELESS since she was a child. A faceless, elusive creature that haunted the villagers' nightmares. It was said that he could read souls, that he knew the darkest secrets. But Amy wasn't afraid. She had a goal, a mission. Her brother was a prisoner, held in an unknown place, and she was ready to do anything to find him. The voice of FACELESS echoed in the darkness. "Amy," he said, his voice icy. "You came for your brother. But do you really know what that entails?"Amy stepped forward, her heart racing. "I know what I'm risking," she replied in a firm voice. "But I have no choice. My brother is counting on me."The FACELESS emerged from the darkness, its blurry silhouette slowly taking shape. He had no face, just a dark veil where eyes should be. x, a nose, a mouth. Amy swallowed, forcing herself not to look away."Very good," said the FACELESS. "I will give you what you are looking for.

 But in exchange, you will have to reveal to me your greatest secret. The one you keep buried deep within you."Amy hesitated. She had secrets, of course. Things she didn't want anyone to know. But she had no choice. She nodded. "Agreed," she said. "Tell me where my brother is."The FACELESS smiles, a joyless smile. "Follow me," he said simply.Amy followed him through the dark hallways, her heart racing. She didn't know what awaited her, but she was ready. For her brother, she would go to the ends of the earth, even if it meant facing the most terrifying of monsters.Amy moved forward, each step echoing through the dark hallways. The silence was almost deafening, broken only by the steady beating of his heart. She knew she was approaching the FACELESS lair. She could feel it in the air, an ominous presence that made her shiver.She finally arrived in front of a large iron door. She took a deep breath, gathered her courage and pushed open the door. The room was dark, but in the center she could make out a figure. The FACELESS.He stood there, as terrifying as he remembered. Her facelessness was a sight of horror, a reminder of the distorted reality Amy found herself in. But she didn't back down. For her brother, she would face this creature."FACELESS," she said in a firm voice. "I'm here for my brother. Give him back to me."The creature didn't respond right away. Then, in a whisper that seemed to come from everywhere and nowhere at once, she said, "What if I refuse?" Amy felt a surge of determination.

 "Then I will fight you," she said. "No matter what it costs."As she said these words, a light suddenly came on in the room, revealing a door behind the FACELESS. A door that wasn't there before. And as she blinked in surprise, the FACELESS disappeared, leaving behind an icy silence.Amy looked at the door, her heart racing. What was she hiding? And where had FACELESS gone? As she prepared to open the door, she couldn't help but wonder what awaited her on the other side...With renewed determination, Amy approached the door. She placed her hand on the cold handle and pulled. The door creaked open, revealing a dark room. Amy took a deep breath and walked inside.The room was empty except for a small box sitting in the center. Amy walked over and opened the box. Inside she found a photo of her brother. His heart sank when he saw his smiling face."I'll find you," she whispered, clutching the photo to her. "No matter what it costs."As she stood there, a voice suddenly sounded behind her. "You'll never find him again," the voice said. Amy turned abruptly and saw the FACELESS standing at the entrance to the room, his facelessness more terrifying than ever.

 Amy felt a wave of fear wash over her, but she refused to let it control her. She clutched the photo of her brother and looked FACELESS straight in the eyes, or at least where his eyes should have been."I won't let you stop me," she said in a firm voice. The FACELESS didn't respond, but Amy could feel his gaze heavy on her.And as she prepared to face the FACELESS, one question remained unanswered. Why did FACELESS want to prevent Amy from finding her brother? And what role did he play in all this? The truth remains to be discovered...Amy felt a wave of fear wash over her, but she refused to let it control her. 

She clutched the photo of her brother and looked FACELESS straight in the eyes, or at least where his eyes should have been."I won't let you stop me," she said in a firm voice. The FACELESS didn't respond, but Amy could feel his gaze heavy on her.And as she prepared to face the FACELESS, one question remained unanswered. Why did FACELESS want to prevent Amy from finding her brother? And what role did he play in all this? The truth remains to be discovered...