A Queen - Five

Oh god, I felt relieved that I did not promise two chapters because I could only finish this chapter today. 😓 But at least I could update one chapter. 😃 Hope you guys enjoys it and please take care of yourselves.

~~🍂
Beneath the dark sky, on the road where both sides were only trees and bushes and most of their leaves had fallen, horses galloped at full speed as the ones on their back led them. Though they haven't got a proper rest all day, only short pauses in between, they don't seem to be drained. As were the ones on the back of them.

"Do you want to take a rest, my queen?" Despite the pressure weighing in the black orbs, the king of Leaf still questioned his queen. He felt guilty for having troubled his queen. Even though the journey back was hectic, he didn't expect this was how it would go. Though he could have left his queen behind with his comrades to have a smoother journey for him, he couldn't do that. Not when the town they stayed in before the last, showed signs of disturbance that could mean danger for his queen and his own company.

"No. We should reach Leaf as soon as possible." Queen Naruto refused knowing how his king might feel. All of them were built differently from common people, this much exhaustion wasn't too much for them. He was more concerned about the one who was feeling distressed. Between them, his king was the one who was consumed by worry for something that happened unexpectedly. His king hasn't had a blink of sleep starting from the information that arrived in the early morning of today. Not to mention the past days where he barely has more than three hours of sleep each day.

"We will continue without rest." King Sasuke acknowledged his queen's concern and turned around to the march that had expanded from seven persons to thirteen. That was because from every town they stopped, except the first town, two soldiers who were left before by the king to inspect the town to eliminate any danger or have them watched returned along with the company. While one of them goes ahead to inform the soldiers in the next town about the whereabouts of the company and any other related information they need to know. Even though the one before the last town already showed signs of danger, he didn't think when they reached the town they parted, he would hear such disturbing information.

Flashback

Bodyguard Suigetsu hurried toward the chamber the king and his queen were occupying. Even though it was barely three in the morning, what he heard from the one who just arrived at this tavern didn't give him time to wait. He can't delay to inform this and end up having to be at the receiving end of His Majesty.

Knock knock... knock

It didn't take a blink of an eye for the door of the chamber to open, as though the one opening the door was already by the door before he even knocked it.

"What happened?" King Sasuke, who hadn't fallen asleep and was on alert as soon as he heard the hurried steps and waited readily in case they were to be attacked, looked at the one before him. He didn't ask the question because of the troubled look on Suigetsu, he asked because having the other disturb them this early could only mean one thing, they were in danger.

"T-there has been an attack in the palace, in the back palace." Bodyguard Suigetsu shifted his gaze toward the queen who approached them. He wasn't certain how much the queen knew and how much he could say in front of him.

"Was anyone hurt?" King Sasuke refused to name any because he was certain they were being watched. He wasn't sure which organization or what the ones hiding in the dark wanted this time. Was it his life that they wanted to possess the throne? Were they the same as the ones who attacked the ones in the palace?

"They were saved by... her queen mother and they are all fine. However, the one who attacked them took his own life when bodyguard Juugo was about to capture him. W-we don't know what they want or if there are more hiding." Bodyguard Suigetsu informed everything he got to know after seeing the king gesturing at him to continue.