Chapter 3: Ignore (Hollypaw's POV)

(This chapter is gonna be longer 😭)

I walked in the clearing, my eyes baggy. I saw Cinderpaw look at me with a interesting look. I decide to ignore it and continue walking. I went into the medicine den to visit and to also see my brother, Jaypaw. I look around and by the corner of my eye I catch a glimpse of my brother. I pad over towards him and meow a soft greeting.
"Hey, Jaypaw." I called him. He glanced behind him and waved his tail. "How are you?" I pad closer to him. "Ugh, go away. I'm concentrating right now." Jaypaw grunted. I put a sad gaze on him and he used his tail again to shoo me away. "What of a brother he is." I mumble under my breath. Scoffing and walking towards the entrance of the medicine den.

I hear Cinderpaw in the distance. Ugh. What a mouse-brain she is. Wait, why am I thinking of that? She's my friend. I shake my head more roughly and went over towards my brother who was going on a border patrol with Thornclaw, Cloudtail, Ashfur and- Cinderpaw? She would never go on patrol without telling me. And she's talking to Lionpaw. They probably like each other.. wait, am I overthinking? I'm just jealous, I suppose.

I see Lionpaw whisper something into Cinderpaw's ear. She looked surprised, I suppose. But I wonder what he told her. Maybe he was- ugh. I'm overthinking too much. I scoff and move towards the apprentice den. I hear Cinderpaw calling my name but.. I just ignored it. I glanced back at Cinderpaw but she continued to talk to Lionpaw. Her gaze looking a bit sad.

I hear my mentor calling my name. "Hollypaw! Get over here!" He called. I spin and pad over to my mentor. "I called you more than onc and you didn't even reply to me!" Brackenfur scolded. I lower my head. "I'm sorry, Brackenfur. My mind was just somewhere else." I tell him. Feeling a bit dizzy

"Okay, well, do you want to go on a hunting patrol with me?" My mentor  asked. I nod and we both exited the camp and into the forest.
I sniff the air, it was fresh. It smelled amazing. I continued to follow Brackenfur, still refreshed by the breeze. After a little while, we caught a pretty decent amount of prey. My mentor suddenly tapped me with his tail and I halted. "Do you hear something?" Brackenfur ask quietly. "Uh, no. What's the problem?" I asked him. My legs trembling. My ears perked, and I heard cat footsteps. I sniff the air and I smell something different. Not a prey scent, nor dog or Thunderclan. "Shadowclan" I whisper to my mentor. "We should probably head back to camp." Brackenfur nudged me and pointed his muzzle in the direction of the camp. Like he was telling me to go back. I nodded with worry and dash back to camp. I guess I have to report to Firestar now.

I arrive in camp, panting. I tried to relax then realize the hunting patrol Cinderpaw went on came back. "Hollypaw! What happened? Are you hurt? Or is anybody else hurt?" I ignore Cinderpaw's question and rush towards my father. "Brambleclaw, do you know where Firestar is?" I ask with panic in my tone. "Relax, Hollypaw. Firestar told me he and Sandstorm will patrol around for a bit so you can tell me. What happened?" Brambleclaw replied. I feel relieved to be talking to my father than the actual Thunderclan leader. "Well, me and Brackenfur smelled that Shadowclan was on the territory."  I tell him. "Was it fresh?" That question made me panic. I forgot if it was stale or fresh! "I.. uh.. forgot.." I admitted. Seeing Cinderpaw at the corner of my eye. I can't ignore her. But I have to.

"Alright. I'll report this to Firestar. Thank you for telling, Hollypaw." Brambleclaw told me. I nod and pick up my prey. But instead I picked up air. "Oh no.. I forgot my prey! I left it with Brackenfur!" I cried. Noticing I said that out loud, it was already too late. Everybody was looking at me. I blushed crimson red and ran into the apprentices den. Still ignoring the calls from Cinderpaw.

I arrive in the apprentices den. Seeing Lionpaw I sit in my nest and turn my back on all the apprentices. Why am I acting this way..? I can't stop. I started to cry and I heard Cinderpaw again. She touched my back with her soft paw. It was kind of soothing, but I didn't like it. I shooed her away with my tail just like what Jaypaw did to me. "Go away. I don't want you to be here." I hiss at her. My voice muffled by the moss that was under my chin. I suddenly swish my head at her. Why does she look so.. cute? I shook my head and turned it back towards the moss.

Cinderpaw sighs and sits beside me. "I said leave me alone." I repeat. My eyes glowing with dissatisfaction. "No, no. I know." Cinderpaw told me. She continued to speak but I just ignored her again. She isn't my mentor. She isn't my mom. She isn't my... okay I'm going too far. My ears pinned. "Are you even listening to me?" Cinderpaw asked. My mind was filled with frustration.

I spinned my head around again. "Go away you mouse-brain stupid cat who I don't care about!" I yell at her. My eyes widened as I just realized what I said. She looked at me with sadness and a hint of hatred appeared on her face. "Cinderpaw.. I'm sorry.." I said. But it came too late. She already fled from the apprentices den. I lay in my nest. Knowing everybody is looking at me. I dig my muzzle into the moss and I start crying. Cinderpaw probably hates me now. And I hate myself now.
——————————————————————————

Such a dramatic ending! :0
Anyways the reason I made it like that it's because uh- ✨ D R A M A ✨
And I also wanted to increase the story but I didn't have anymore ideas except for that. ✨ D R A M A ✨
Anyways cya in the nest chapter!

Word count: 1053