Chapter 8: The encounter

Just adding to the story because I need another Hollyleaf x Cinderheart moment now
(BTW ITS HOLLYLEAF'S POV CUZ WHY NOT)
————————————————————

I wake up in the Warriors den, my head drowsy. I look at the nest in front of me and I see Cinderheart snoozing in her mossy nest. I sigh and nuzzle her soft fur and stand up. "Wake up, Cinderheart. We're going on the dawn patrol." I see the beautiful gray tabby raise her head up and look into my eyes. "Just a little bit more.." She muttered and lowered her head. I sigh and nuzzle her again. "No. We have to go. Now, come on. Brightheart and Thornclaw are waiting for us." Cinderheart rolled her eyes and stood up onto her own paws. I licked her cheek with affection and walked out of the warriors den.

Both of us arrive in the clearing, shuffling a little bit more closer to my mate so our shoulders touch. Cinderheart gave me a loving glance when she looked at me again, and swished her head when she heard the other warriors call us. Both of us walk rapidly to the other warriors for the dawn patrol.

Brightheart, Cinderheart, Thornclaw and me walk in our territory for the dawn patrol. Brightheart caught one mouse and a squirrel and Cinderheart caught a rabbit. "Ooh. I see a mouse." I mumble. Dropping down in the hunters crouch. I hear scuffling in the bushes and I see a Windclan apprentice lunge on the prey. I get onto my paws rapidly and pad over to the apprentice but Thornclaw got past me. "Windclan! What are you doing on Thunderclan territory?" Thornclaw hissed. The apprentice looked startled and crouched down.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't know I'm on Thunderclan territory!" The apprentice cried. Dashing through the trees and in the direction of Windclan territory. "Well, tell Onestar to keep his border marks checked!" Cinderheart yowled. Brightheart smiled and gave her a tail-high five. I scuffled quickly over to Cinderheart's side. "That was impressive. Better than before, actually." I chuckled lovingly. Pressing my nose into her shoulder and purring. "Don't get too lovey-dovey right now, Hollyleaf." Cinderheart mumbled. "We got another encounter." I jerk my head when I heard a sudden yowl. "How dare your clan stole prey from Windclan!" A cat yelled out. I dashed towards the scene and I see a Windclan patrol facing the Thunderclan patrol.

"We stole nothing from your territory, Crowfeather!" Brightheart yowled in defence. I shrudder, then felt a soft nudge from Cinderheart. "Your a warrior, Hollyleaf. You have to defend your territory with claws or words. Don't shake." She mumbled into my ear. I sighed and advanced forwards. "Oh yeah? I saw one of your warriors catch a Windclan rabbit!" Crowfeather yelled. "How dare y-" "Maybe the rabbit was on Thunderclan territory first!" I interrupted Brightheart. She gave me a glare, then continued. "How dare you say that about one of our warriors!" She yelled. Unsheathing her claws and looked like she was ready to spring at any cat. I gulped, keeping my claws sheathed. Cinderheart growled, digging her claws into the dirt. "That's it, I'll tell Firestar how disrespectful his warriors are!" Crowfeather threatened. Thornclaw hissed but Crowfeather already sprang. I unsheathe my claws and leap into the quarrel.

I arrive in camp with scratches and bruises all over my body. This feels like the time I got attacked by a different cat. I pad over to Cinderheart, where she was sitting by the medicine cat entrance. I sit down beside her and lick my wounds. "How are you?" "Painful." She replied. I chuckle a little bit but realized that was serious. I stiffened myself and let her head go onto my shoulder. "I feel so painful right now." I mewed softly and licked her head. "I'm happy that your still alive." She lifted her head off my shoulder and stared into my eyes. "Alive?" She snickered. "I feel dead right now. I mean- super dead." I chuckle playfully and after a few heartbeats, I breathe in and out. "Your really hilarious, my love." I mutter. Sinking my muzzle into her silky gray fur. "I don't think we will be separated."
"I promise. We will never."