CHAPTER 16

LEO

Mafia boss. Do you think it is cool? Do you think it is awesome? D*mn! All of it is all wrong.

Being a mafia boss is like putting a target behind your back while leading the whole family and making sure that we will have the best and strongest form in the underground mafia gang.

“Boss? What's the plan?” A spoke from behind. Lemuel Vindice.

“As for now, we need to observe and wait. We will lure them with their own attack. We will end them on their own game.” I said while cleaning my gun.

Then, I stood up and looked him dead in the eye.

“I have a job for you, Vindice.”

He just looked at me as he lightened up his cigarette.

“I want you to keep an eye on Ansh and whoever is around her. The other family might see her as a target that they might use against me and the family.”

He just looked at me with a poker face, which is something that I don't care about as long as he does his job.

“Is that even part of my job here in the family? Parang hindi naman eh.”

Nagulat na lang s'ya ng itutok ko sa kaniya noo ang kanina kong nililinis na baril.

“I am dead serious, Vindice. Take this job that I gave you seriously like your life depends on it. . .”

I don't care if I have to use all of my power and influence as long as I can keep her safe from the hands of those ruthless demons.

“. . . her life is as important as mine.”

If I need to kill all of them, I will in order to defend my girlfriend.

***

SOMEONE

It has been a week since Ansh's uncle was killed and it has been a week since I she lost her smile.

Leonardo Augustus Cervano. We have already taken our first move and that is just an appetizer, the main course is still about to come.

This is not just a battle or a war between his mafia family against ours, it is a battle between Cervano and me for Ansh's heart.

“Hey? Mukhang malalalim ang tinatakbo ng isip mo ah.” Sambit ng isa kong kasamahan sa family.

“So? How does it concern you?” I just rolled my eyes on him.

Then, he tapped me on my shoulders.

“Just make sure that you are not forgetting your job and responsibility to the mafia. . . or else you can look yourself for a grave, kid,” he said before he walked away from me.

D*mn! Is that f*cking bastard trying to intimidate me?

Chill! I should just calm myself down. He is less of my concern right now. I should focus on taking down Leonardo Augustus Cervano!

***

LEMUEL

IT HAS BEEN A WEEK since Mr. Cervano asked or I may say ordered me to follow and protect Ms. Ansh.

Ang hirap at ang boring talaga maging stalker! Hmmp. . . Wala pa akong ma-bingwit na chicks.

Habang naka-upo ako sa taas nang puno ng buko at tahimik na nakamasid at nakabantay sa nakaupong prinsesa ng magaling kong boss nang maramdaman ko ang pag-uga ng sangang kinauupuan ko.

Oh, no. . . Don't tell me that—

The branch that I was sitting on suddenly broke on me!

In a matter of seconds, I found my huge and juicy body lying on the floor, right in front of Ms. Ansh.