Chapter 1: Missing

Coteu's alarm clock kept beeping until he finally woke up and turned it off. He woke up very slowly until he saw that it was already 10:00 in the morning.

"What?!" Coteu said as he quickly changed and leaves his room.

As Coteu left the condominium, he sprinted towards the metro station, InkResidences Station.

"A single trip ticket to Inkopolis Square please." Coteu said as he drops 240 Koins at the tray. The jellyfish ticketing officer gave him his ticket.

Before going inside the station gates, he quickly bought onigiri from the store. While waiting at the platform, he was eating his onigiri until a PA scared him.

"There will be a delay for the train bound for Splatsville due to the weather, please check the updated time of arrival of the train at the television." The PA announced. However, the word "delay" made Coteu cough out his food.

"My goodness lady, try not to scare me." He said as the train for Inkopolis Square arrived.

The City of Inkopolis is a city where cephalopods live, the main hub of the city, Inkopolis Square, is where you would find the entrance to the turf wars and shops that will help the inklings' freshness including Sheldon's Armory.

"Coteu!" A male inkling yelled, "Come over here!" He added. Coteu quickly ran towards the group of inklings outside the entrance. "Sorry Bern." Coteu said.

"Why are you late?" Bern asked. "You see, my alarm clock didn't beep, so it was my alarm clock's fault." Coteu answered. But Bern said nothing but a sigh. "So you're blaming your clock?" Bern asked. Coteu scoffed and looked down as well as shrugged. "Okay maybe the batteries." Coteu said which prompted Bern to place his hand to his face. "Nevermind, Coteu. It's too late anyways. Pie's team won by default because of you being late." Bern said before leaving. Coteu was disappointed in himself for making his team lose.

"Bern, hold on-" Coteu was about to follow Bern but he was stopped by his other teammate. An inkling girl named Sonet. "Don't. You'll only make things worse." She said as she walks away as well. Coteu sighed as he watched 2 of his teammates leave. "Don't worry, Coteu. Those two won't quit, I know it." His other teammate said. "Thanks Tim." Coteu replied before leaving towards the opposite direction.

As he walks towards Sheldon's shop, he could hear the broadcast of Off The Hook faintly saying that the Great Zapfish has been missing from the sky, making him worried about how much the city's electricity will be affected by this.

As he enters Sheldon's shop, Sheldon greets him.

"Welcome to The Armory, where every weapon here is all you need in life." Sheldon said while looking for something in his boxes. "Wow, that's a sentence you don't hear everyday." Coteu said, which made Sheldon look.

"Coteu? But your shift doesn't start until 4pm. Why are you hear?" Sheldon asked. "Why? Can't I come here whenever I'm off duty?" Coteu asked as he was obviously annoyed. "Obviously you can." Sheldon answered.

Coteu then brought out his trusty Splattershot at Sheldon's table. "Could you fix this?" Coteu asked. Sheldon looked at the gun, "What's wrong with it?" He asked. "More just a preventive maintenance actually." Coteu said, "I don't want it to break in the middle of a match." He added. Sheldon chuckled, "Alright buddy, I'll refurbish it for you." He said as he went to the back of his shop.

Coteu sighed as he looks around the shop. "I can't believe that the Great Zapfish is missing again." Coteu said. "Yeah, and here I was thinking that the war was over." Sheldon said. "A war?" Coteu asked, but Sheldon quickly dodged his question by giving him his Splattershot back. "There, good as new." Sheldon smiled, "Anyways, I will be attending something, see you at 4pm." Sheldon said as he pushes Coteu out of his shop and locking the door. "A war?" Coteu asked himself, but quickly shrugged it off and walked toward Crusty Sean's food truck.

As he was eating his food at Crusty Sean's, he saw a girl wearing a black and green kimono holding a green umbrella on the corner of the square, directly standing on top of a sewage hole. He didn't nearly care about it as Inkopolis Square has its fair share of random things.