Chapter 3: The kimono inkling and the floating area

"It's you!" The smaller inkling said. "I can't believe Off The Hook visited my condo." Coteu said. "Hey, we just checked out some buildings for us to buy." Pearl replied. "They did say that land is the most stable investment." Marina said. Coteu was fanboying over them for quite a while, jumping around which made Pearl and Marina embarrassed, although Coteu did calm down.

"Hopefully you don't buy that condo, because I'm actually going to be homeless if that will be the case." Coteu said. "It's okay." Pearl said with a smirk, "If you have enough money to drop on the Squid Sisters, then you'll have enough money to find a new place." Pearl added. Coteu was worried about it. "I said Pitz Inc., I never said the Squid Sisters." Coteu replied. Marina, however, held Coteu's left shoulder. "Don't worry... if we do buy the condominium, we'll give you a better discount." Marina said with a smile that would have burned Coteu's heart. Due to this, Coteu fainted.

Coteu wakes up at his room, so he sat down and sighed.

"I knew being held by a woman, especially an idol, was just too good to be true." Coteu said as he thinks that his encounter with Off The Hook was just a dream, until Pearl and Marina opened the door of his room.

"Are you feeling better now?" Marina asked. Coteu stared at the two of them, even scratching his eyes before being startled. "It was real!" Coteu yelled, "I did meet Off The Hoo-" before Coteu could finish his sentence, Pearl and Marina quickly covered his mouth. "Be quiet dumb@ss." Pearl said. Coteu then removed both of their hands.

"You didn't answer my question. Are you feeling better?" Marina asked, in which Coteu nodded. "Great. Rina and I were just about to leave, so see you." Pearl quickly dragged Marina out of his room. "Goodbye." Marina said as she was dragged out of his room.

Coteu looked down before standing up. "I can't believe that I managed to meet them." Coteu starts fanboying again, until he realized something. "Wait, I didn't tell them my name!" Coteu said, seeing his opportunity to become famous fade away.

He then decided to just eat dinner, which was yakisoba, before going to bed.

The next day, he didn't know what to do. He then thought of playing his Vivento Squid console and play Super Squid Sisters. He was about to finish a level until the power went out.

"Oh well, just like 2 years ago." Coteu said, referring to the last time Inkopolis lost its Great Zapfish. He then decided to go to Inkopolis Square because he had nothing else to do. Before leaving he brought extra money to give to the group of inkling kids back at the metro station.

As he rode the train from InkResidences Station to Inkopolis Square Station, he quickly gave the group of inkling kids 710 Koins, who repaid him with a smile before leaving to buy food.

As he entered the square proper, he saw the mysterious girl standing above the sewage hole. Coteu walked towards her but she quickly transformed from a kid to a squid, going down the sewage hole. Coteu watched as she fell down, "She must've accidentally transformed. I must help her, she must be in trouble." He said as he transformed to a squid as well, following her.

As he warped through the sewage system, he finally landed in a strange place. He saw that there were floating pieces of junk. Coteu saw the same girl wearing a kimono with a green umbrella looking at him.

"Who are you?" Coteu asked. "Don't you know who I am? I'm Marie!" The girl answered. "...Still not ringing any bells..." Coteu said. "From the Squid Sisters." Marie added. "O- ohh... from the Squid Sisters." Coteu replied, "I do remember you." He added before scratching his head. Marie sighed out of frustration, "I have only been gone for 2 years and inklings have already forgotten about me." She said.

"Anyways, I need your help." Marie said. Coteu was shocked to hear that the retired idol needed his help, why him of all people? "Uhh, why me?" Coteu asked. "Well because I watched your turf war matches and they say you're one of the greats." Marie answered. Coteu was surprised, "They really said that about me?" He asked. "Of course!" Marie reassured, "What do you think I am? Someone who gives words coated in sugar?" She asked. Coteu shook his head, but remembered something. "I want to help, but I need to do something, and I'm quite busy as well." Coteu said as he slowly walked back to the hole until BAM! He suddenly was wearing something completely different.

"Huh? What's this?" Coteu asked as he looked at his new clothes. "It's the official Squidbeak Hero Suit, right there you will have enough armor to protect yourself from attacks." Marie said, "Not bad for a hand-me-down." She muttered. "What?" Coteu asked, but Marie didn't say anything to not be suspicious.

"Hold on, I didn't sign up for anything." Coteu said. "Sorry, but you're going to have to help me." Marie said as she slowly walks towards Coteu with a smile, "If not, then I can't trust you to protect the secret, Coteu." She added. Coteu was terrified and just accepted that he is now a slave- I mean a member of the New Squidbeak Splatoon, also how did she know his name? But who cares.

As he leaves the strange place and back to Inkopolis Square, he notices that he is still wearing the hero suit, which will make him kind of suspicious. So, he walked fast towards the metro station, but unfortunately his team saw him.

"Hey Coteu!" Bern yelled as he and three other inklings ran towards Coteu. "Hey Bern, listen, I'm sorry for being late yesterday." Coteu said. "Don't worry, it's okay." Bern replied. "See Coteu? I told you that this team wouldn't break up." Tim whispered. It looked like they were all buddies again.

"Coteu, what are you wearing?" Sonet asked. Bern and Tim looked at Coteu as well. "Huh, I have never seen that gear before." Bern said as he holds Coteu's hero suit, "Where did you buy these?" He asked. Obviously he couldn't tell them that he got it from the mysterious girl who turns out to be Marie, the retired idol. "Uhh, it's from a new company, like a really small and new company that you guys wouldn't know." Coteu answered. "That is why we're asking you where you got it from." Sonet said. Before Coteu was about to answer them due to pressure, an inkling girl wearing a green cap, a white facemask, and a green jacket came. "Wow! Is that from Cuttlegear?" She asked. "Uhh." Coteu doesn't know how to respond until he saw the inkling and heard her familiar voice again. "Right?" The inkling girl sounded like she was insisting it was from Cuttlegear. "Right, yes, it is from Cuttlegear." Coteu answered and the inkling girl left. "That was Marie, wasn't it?" He asked himself.

"Cuttlegear?" Bern said, "Now that's a shop I have never heard of before." He added. "Exactly, I told you guys wouldn't know it." Coteu said as he started to walk away, "Anyways, I got to go." He added. "Coteu, where are you going?" Sonet asked. "Home!" Coteu answered as he ran away towards the metro station.