𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ
'ᴀᴘᴏʟᴏɢʏ'

"sᴏ sʜᴇ ᴀᴘᴏʟᴏɢɪsᴇᴅ?" ᴀʟɪᴀ ᴀsᴋᴇᴅ, ʜᴇʀ ʜᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴀsᴘᴇɴ's ᴡʀɪsᴛ ᴛᴏ sᴄᴀɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀᴀᴄᴇʟᴇᴛ.

"Yeah," She replied, pulling her hand away from the girl, and keeping her focus on the film that they were watching.

Noah gasped at the girl's words, his arm draped over Renee, who was sat on the floor leaning against the hotel bed, "So yous are friends now?"

"Not really," She laughed, tucking a braid behind her hair, before squinting at what was happening on the tv, screeches coming from the woman on screen, "What just happened?"

"The smile creature-thing ate the cat," Ren explained, completely indulged in the movie, as the other two glanced around.

Al shook her head, sitting up from her spot beside Aspen on the bed, before turning to look at her, "Don't change the subject. You two are fine now?"

Aspen shrugged, not knowing why the two friends cared so much about the situation, "Apparently, I still haven't apologised for spilling coffee on her."

"What?!" Ren looked to the girl, drawing her eyes away from the tv screen for the first time since the start of the movie, "You haven't apolgised yet?"

"Well," The actress began, her eyes darting around the room. She had thought back to it, recalling her apology that was cut short, "Not fully."

Before the girl could start to explain, her friends yelled at her, Alia chucking a pillow into her face and gawking at her words, "Then what are you waiting for?"

"Apologise!" Noah answered Alia's rhetorical question, Renee pausing the tv, to make sure that she was hearing the conversation right.

Aspen groaned into her hands, knowing that her friends were probably right, "I don't have her number."

"You have a cast group chat, just get her number from there."

"What and just text her being like 'hey, i'm sorry for spilling coffee on you when we met. Its Aspen btw'?!"

Noah rolled his eyes at his friends stupid words, Ren sighing as she got ready to give the advice that she had learnt over the years, and Alia giggling.

"Just tell her when you see her tomorrow," Al told her, the girl nodding, mentally making a note to apologise once she saw the girl.

-------

Jenna laughed at something that Mason had said, the two walking side by side. Aspen saw the two, her eyes flickering to the girl, as she walked alongside Aliana.

Mason and Aliana shot the other three a quick "Hi." The other two girls giving a small smile, before looking towards the other, as they walked past each other.

They made eye contact almost instantly after acknowledging the other's presence, their smiles faltering slightly, sensing the awkwardness, a sudden tension stilling between them. They hadn't spoken since the bracelet situation and Jenna's apology.

Asp's words got caught in her throat. It would be too weird to randomly blurt out an apology right then and there, right? She opened her mouth, to just at least say a small, "Hi," to Jenna, to let the cast know that they were on better terms than before.

But before she could, Jenna looked away, her hands finding her pockets, as she smiled to Mason, walking past the two.

Aspen's eyes remained on the girl for a moment, before she caught herself, smiling sheepishly, as she looked back towards the redhead.

A scene shooting took place soon after between Jenna and Aspen, both of them not very immersed in their role. It was called to cut several times with the direction of, "more eye contact", which they tried, but failed: Aspen's eyes not being able to meet Jenna's for more than five seconds.

"Cut!" the director called with another shake of his head, his hands running over his face as he placed the script on his lap.

The two sighed simultaneously, their eyes meeting the floor, knowing exactly what they were going to be reprimanded for. The man let out a short breath, his hand in his hair. 

"I don't know what has happened between you two, but you've gotta fix it," he warned the girls, "We can't have it affecting this film, understood?" They both nodded, knowing how important it to him and the fans. Apparently, they had seemed to work better when they had hated each other. "Good, we'll reshoot on Thursday."

Even though the man hadn't voiced that that meant work out whatever was going on in the matter of a couple of days, they knew that they had to fix it by the reshoot day.

--------------

Jenna and Aspen hadn't seen much of each other after that, both only seeing the other, when they arrived at the hotel at the same time.

"Jenna, wait up," Aspen called after the girl, jogging slightly to catch up to the brunette, knowing that a talk was needed.

Jenna almost let out a scowl, hearing the actress' voice, as she waited at the lifts, "What is it, Aspen?"

The black girl let out a small breath, noticing Jenna's annoyance. She had no clue why the girl was acting this way, honestly beginning to question if she was bipolar, "I just-" She cut herself off, realising that she had no idea what she was going to say. She really should have planned it out first.

Jen rolled her eyes at the cut-off, stepping into the elevator and pressing the button to the fifth floor, Aspen stepping in behind her and pressing the button above. No wonder they hadn't seen much of each other at the hotel, considering their rooms were on two completely different floors.

"Why do you seem really... annoyed?" Asp blurted out slowly, her mind just spitting out random sentences to ease the awkwardness between them. 

The brunette groaned quietly, as the lifts shut, slipping her hands into her pockets and still avoiding eye contact with the other actress, "Because Aspen, you couldn't get into your character in a scene. And now the director thinks I'm unprofessional."

Eyebrows furrowed, Aspen eyed the girl, knowing that it could be reversed onto Jenna too. Regardless, she still knew that the American's words were a lie, bearing in mind that she had worked with him in the previous 'Scream' film and if he really thought she was just too unprofessional, he could have easily killed her character off. 

"Liar," Aspen muttered under her breath, the lift making a sudden stop, the two girls assuming that it was stopping at a floor below the fifth for someone to enter Jenna tapping the open button door, "If you're still annoyed at the fact that-"

"Shut up," Jenna rudely interrupted Aspen's attempt at an apology for the conflict that had been caused when they had first met, her fingers trying to open the door by pressing the same button, repeatedly.

"What is it?"

Jenna's brows furrowed, looking at the girl as if she were stupid, the lights to the lift flickering on and off. "The lift's broke down."