Prologue

Amelia,
To my dearest daughter, you are the brightest and most precious thing that happened to me in my life. You saved me from the darkness of my life. When I first laid eyes on you, I knew that you were exceptional. I know from the very start that your father never loves any of us, and all he thinks about is getting rid of me and building the family he promised Lilith.

I'm sorry, because I can’t protect you. I became weak and I was overwhelmed with grief. I don't want you to see me like this, so I chose to follow your dad and for the safety of you and Nathalie. It’s too late for me to go back in time, but I will remember that you are important to me and nothing can match my love for you and your sister.

I wrote this letter after I heard Feline and Lilith were poisoning me slowly. Your father knew it and he allowed it to happen, so I no longer object to their plan. I am also tired. I can't handle my situation anymore. I can't bear to pretend. It's okay for me to leave because I know you'll support your sister when the two of you are together.

Always make sure you tell your Mama about your niece, and this necklace that I gave you, always wear this. You and Nat will be careful and don’t let each other down.

I love you more than life itself, son.

My heart was broken into pieces after reading that letter. I don't know how many minutes I was stunned now as I fell on the floor, a bottle of wine next to me. I was holding the necklace that Mama gave me and it was sitting on my chest.

Mama died. We are still thinking. Ate sacrificed herself so as not to notice Ate because it was being heated up that Ate's child was being born, and at the last moment, Mama protected Ate, doing her motherhood without hesitation. It’s fucking hurt. I didn’t do anything because I let myself be taken to the states. I am very worthless.

I didn’t think that at the time I was sad. They were going deeper into the mansion while I was still waiting.
"Why did this shit happen to me?" I punched the floor. I wanted to go away and kill someone. That man is heartless. We have been made tools of his ambition. We have even been able to kill people after achieving the plans.

"I hate you," I whispered and looked at the building below me. I don’t know that I will be hurt again after reading this. I don’t think that the force of the impact of their insults on me is still there.

But now, I am alone. No one is beside me, no one will be my comfort pillow at this time. Just me and the four corners of this room. That is true. At the end of the day, I am the only one who can understand and help myself. No one else but me.

I stood up and got my wallet, went out of my condo, and I wanted to get away from whatever was hurting me. I couldn’t bear the loneliness in my room because I might have done something bad.

I walk to the gym of this building and no one, it's not open overnight, but I have access to this place because I don't want to mingle with people first. I'm grieving and I don't know where they buried my mother. I don't know if Dad gave Mama a proper funeral.

I know the answer, but I hope Dad still has a little more heart for my mother. I don't want to wait, but I hope I can see Mama and find out where she really is.

I removed my hoodie. I had a plan to work out earlier in case I wanted to read Mama's last letter to me, and it turned out to be a disaster. I was especially angry, and that was the extent of my anger. Not anymore. I will doubt everyone. I will not feel sorry for them. And even more so, I don’t recognize them as my family. because Mama and Ate are my only family.

I positioned myself and started punching in the air. My tears were falling but I ignored them. My anger is growing. I want to kill them right away, but how can they go through the same hardship as they did to my mother if they end up like that right away?

They should crawl in the mud, like how they did to my mother. My mother was so kind. I can't say anything because I thought back then that no one really loved me, but since I learned of Mama's sacrifice, she was still able to smile despite the difficulty of Mama's situation.
My mom is a strong woman. Even if she is trampled on, she still doesn't just give up because of Ate and me. My mother is a living proof that not all endurance has good consequences. They can call Mama a fool and laugh, but when they find out what hardships Mama went through, they will cry like a baby.

"Fuck you!" I shout at the top of my lungs. I can't breathe because of my tiredness and sobbing. Life is very unfair to me. I don’t deserve this fucking pain. Don’t give me pleasure and silence. It was like my life was bound to become this messy.

"Amelia." I slowly look at the face of the man in front of me after I see the shoe approaching me. I bit my lip and closed my eyes.

"Cry, just let it out and I will stay here. You don't have to be alone." I will stay here as long as you want. " I smirked and closed my eyes.

"This is the third time that I've heard that," I promised before closing my eyes.