Chapter 56 - Sibling Bonds

Prince Victor strode into the meeting room of the outpost, his presence commanding attention. Prince Asher, already seated, rose respectfully as his elder brother entered, a silent acknowledgment of hierarchy.

As Prince Victor settled into his seat, the room seemed to hold its breath, anticipation hanging heavy in the air. Alone together, they faced the daunting task ahead.

"Are these all the documents related to the sovereign route, including detailed maps?" Prince Victor's voice cut through the silence, his gaze sweeping over the table piled high with papers.

"Yes, brother," Prince Asher affirmed, his tone steady as he prepared to delve into the intricate details.

And so, they began their work, immersing themselves in the meticulous examination of each document and map, their focus unwavering despite the weight of responsibility pressing down upon them.

In the palace, prince Ethan strolled through his chamber, his attention captured by the painting resting on the nearby table. His latest creation, a masterpiece he had poured his heart and soul into.

"Serena, today I'll finally reveal this masterpiece to you," he declared with a smile, his confidence practically shimmering in the air like gold leaf. "Just a few more hours until evening, and then you'll marvel at my artistic genius."

With a flourish, he placed both hands on his waist, striking a pose that he imagined befitting of a royal artist. But as he let out a hearty chuckle, it reverberated through the chamber with a force that startled even him. It wasn't the confident, anticipatory laugh he had envisioned. No, it sounded more like the cackle of a mischievous villain reveling in their nefarious schemes.

Caught off guard by the unexpected sound, Prince Ethan's smile faltered, replaced by a sheepish expression. "I think I need to work on my laugh," he admitted with a chuckle, realizing that perhaps he had been channeling the wrong kind of energy for his grand reveal. "Note to self: practice laughing like a charming prince, not a dastardly villain."

As the hours slipped away and the sun dipped below the horizon, Prince Victor found himself no closer to the solution he had sought. With a heavy heart and furrowed brow, he cast a final glance over the documents spread out before him. Without a word, he rose from his seat, the weight of disappointment evident in every line of his figure, and silently exited the room.

Prince Asher watched his brother's retreating form with a sense of foreboding, the heaviness of the situation settling over him like a suffocating cloak. Despite his best efforts, the elusive solution remained just out of reach, leaving him grappling with a sense of frustration and uncertainty.

Meanwhile, in Prince Oliver's chambers, Alexander's concern for the prince's well-being grew with each passing moment. "Your Highness, you've barely eaten all day," he pleaded, his voice tinged with worry. "Skipping meals will only harm your health."

With a weary sigh, Prince Oliver confessed, "I know, but I simply have no appetite." Despite Alexander's persistent urging, the prince could only manage a few reluctant bites before declaring himself full.

As Alexander left the room, the almost untouched tray of food a stark reminder of the prince's inner turmoil, he resolved to find a way to break through Prince Oliver's emotional barriers and restore his appetite.

Prince Ethan sat in his room, surrounded by the quietude he sought to focus on his upcoming visit to Serena. As he contemplated his attire and the impression he wished to convey, a sudden disturbance shattered the tranquility. A familiar voice, tinged with urgency, echoed through the door.

"Open the door! I want to meet my brother," demanded the princess Sophia, his spirited sister.

Simon, ever dutiful, interjected, "Your Highness is occupied today, unable to receive guests."