6 - NDA

•Choi Palace•

The royal palace was decorated like heaven as it was the day of the wedding of the two eldest princes of the royalty.

Both of the weddings were at the verge of completion as the priest was proceeding with the final ritual, the ritual of the sacred strings.

"Now, you both will take the supreme thread vows." The priest declared.

Seungcheol and Jeonghan looked at each other while holding hands and spoke in unison, "I dedicate my soul to you. The strings of my heart, are tangled with yours, forever."

As soon as they completed the vow, a red string glowed around their right wrist which shone for a while and then disappeared.

Jeonghan was glaring at the older as Seungcheol retorted the gaze but with a hint of confusion. Both of them weren't paying attention to whatever the priest was saying and that was probably the worst mistake one could do.

Finally, Seokmin and Joshua also took the vows of the strings and both of the weddings were successfully completed.

The entire evening went on with several incidents. Jeonghan avoiding Seungcheol, Joshua and Seokmin being the standard couple, Hoshi constantly flirting with Woozi, Dino stealing glances of Taeri, Mingyu following Wonwoo to wherever he was going, Vernon patiently listening to whatever Seungkwan was continuously blabbering and Jun dealing with Minghao's wine obsession and lectures.

After dealing with all the formalities till evening and then night, both the couples were finally allowed to leave the hall.

Seungcheol inhaled a deep breath before stepping into the room where Jeonghan was already sitting on the bed.

Seungcheol walked towards the younger with a grin who was looking down, "Mom told me about your conditions. Honestly, I'm all okay with it." He held Jeonghan's hand who yanked it.

"Don't touch me, Seungcheol." Jeonghan stood up.

"What?" Seungcheol frowned.

"A man who is dedicated to another person, I won't let him touch me as the rights of a husband." Jeonghan clenched his jaw, "I'm not that desperate to steal someone else's man. I've principles, it would be better if you have them too."

"What are you talking about? Another person?" Seungcheol scrunched his brows, "You're yourself the other person you're talking about."

Jeonghan stared at him blankly. He had a lot to say but didn't know where to start.

"Wait." Seungcheol removed a pendant from himself, "See this? This is the last memory I had of you and I'm treasuring it since forever."

Jeonghan took the pendant and within a second it turned into ashes, "Now you see this."

"Jeonghan-?! What did you do?!!" Seungcheol's eyes widened.

"Just like this pendant, your soulmate, your love, had turned into ashes a long time ago." Jeonghan disappeared those ashes, "And vanished in thin air, like this."

"You're not understanding it, Jeonghan." Seungcheol scoffed, "You're her reincarnation."

"So? So what?" Jeonghan raised a brow, "Fine, I might be Kim Hari, your soulmate in my past life but now I'm not. I'm not her, not at all."

"But-" Seungcheol scoffed, "You've that mark because it's your desitny. Whether you accept it or not, you ARE Kim Hari, that's why all this happened. You can't change fate's decision, no one can. Your soul is the same, all you've to do is to recall it. Don't worry, I'll help you to recall your past life and-"