Chapter 24 - Carolynn Acacia

Friday – July 10th 2020

"Wake up sweetie!" Mom's sweet voice called out from my dreams as I yawned, looking over at November as I smiled. It was an emotional week of memories and ideas. Mom and dad had asked me to come home more often...and I'd love to...but I did not want to one day knock on their door and they would not recognize me.

I've spent six emotional days secretly grieving.

I grieved for Caitlynn's memory. The memory of her was so fresh that the accident felt like it happened only days ago. November looks at me as she quietly hushes, whispering.

"You've been thinking about her again, haven't you?" she asked as I nodded.

"Her memory haunts my dreams!" I said as I got dressed and thought about my home in the city of Bremerton, hundreds of miles away.

"Remember...there isn't anything you could have done to save her, back then. But we now have an opportunity to save her memory, this time." November says as mom checks in on us once more.

"About ready to go, November?" mom asks.

"Almost." November commented, zipping up her bag. Mother walked off as November then turned, glancing back at me as she softly said, touching the stained locket hanging around my neck "We need to locate him as soon as possible! Maybe with you back in town, he will seek you out."

"It is wishful thinking!" I smiled.

"Hey!" Caitlynn Rose chirps in "Careful what you wish for!" I chuckled, nodding as I knew the power of wishing.

"Yeah...I need to be more careful with my words from now on!"

I helped November haul her luggage to the car as we hugged goodbye as mother walked on over to see me off.

"See you when I get back?" she asked me.

"I too need to get back to work, mom...my agent has a job for me today." I comment as dad smiles, coming on over.

"I can give you a ride to the event." he comments as I smile, yet hesitant. I'd love if he could see me model in a mermaid tail...but there was just one slight problem...I would be female.

"That's very nice of you dad...but my agent has some...pre-work that I must go through." I state as he quickly added.

"Oh..." he remarks, disappointed "...are you modeling at the Festival of Colors?" I shrugged my shoulders.

"Maybe...it is still to be determined...like I said, pre-work stuff."

"Well, I will stop by anyhow...been awhile since I have been to the festival." he said, much to my discomfort. November glanced over at me as I inhaled nervously and waved goodbye to my best friend.

"I will call you later this afternoon, Skylynn!" she says as I smile.

"Have a safe flight, Ember!" I looked back at dad as I asked him for some help. "Hey dad, do you remember the Acacia place? I would like to see if they are still there...it's been a while."

"Are you sure?" dad asks as he walks over to me and holds me steady "Son, it has been almost 11 years since you last saw them...after that accident." I nodded my head; it was where I wanted to go.

"Can we at least go?" as I was sort of 'carless' at the moment. Rose came on over as she looked up at me. I was certain that she was wondering what I was doing.

"Well, let me get my keys." he comments and then adds "How are you getting home after the festival?"

"I have a ride!" I smiled as I glanced down at Rose, grinning.