Chapter 28 - Trouble In The Cadabra

Friday – August 14th 2020

It was a lovely summer afternoon as November and I were strolling in Illahee Park, walking the very short path along the waterfront as we had returned to start packing up our lives.

After a month or so, November and I had decided to move back to Ocean City. I would live at mom's place and November would stay at her parent's place and when we needed to go to work, we would teleport to my Bremerton apartment which had its rent paid to the end of the year.

Ocean City was our home!

With my time running out, I wanted to spend as much time as possible with mom and dad, before my metamorphosis made it impossible. Plus...the ocean was our home. It was the place where our memories lived and the past came to haunt.

November's career was in the middle of flourishing as mom was busy keeping her busy, to elevate her status in the fashion world. Even I was taking on a new direction as I gave up modeling at Caitlynn all together and began modeling as Caitlynn's equally lovely sister, Carolynn. The cover story: COVID.

"I heard about your gig in California!" I comment as November's been ecstatic all this morning "Congratulations sweetie!" I caught myself walking feminine as I corrected my walking pose as I did not want to give the wrong impression. But I guess when your soul is female, it is hard to kick habits that come naturally!

"Thanks! It's certainly is paying off!" November remarks. "Your mom says that this could lead to my acceptance by the others."

"Is that what you want?" I asked her as November smirks.

"You and I both know that the Wailing takes two souls. One of the land and one of the sea."

"Yeah...but if you do this, you might not see your mom or dad ever again! There is no saying what this Wailing-thing does!" I comment, still having my doubts from time to time.

It isn't that I do not trust mom. It is that I do not want it to be true! I rather this all be one big lie and I am being played the fool...but in my soul, I do not think she is lying to me.

"I'm surprised that Aradia is even helping you...as Carolynn...to get jobs as yourself." November holds me close as she asks "How are you coping with Rose being gone?"

"It's tough...she and I became close friends during the time when mom was lying to me." I sighed as I hold her locket. "But then, she is my sister...so I guess it is a good thing we are close! I just feel bad for Blake!"

"Yeah" November remarks "he seems to have taken this change quite well though."

"Well, he is dying!" I remarked as she nods in agreement.

"The accident really did a number on all of us!"

"Yeah; if only that truck did not drive like a maniac, none of this would have happened!" I thought about the truck that caused the accident, seeing it from both Caitlynn's and my own perspective. "To bad we know nothing about the driver! I would like to give them a piece of my mind!"

"Uhm, I remember who it was." November comments, remembering the slowly spinning wheels of the truck as the torn metal of the ten letters printed on the side of the truck were in large blue letters: "Sea Sprites."

"Sea Sprites!?" I muttered, knowing them quite well. "That is the Hitode's company! Are you certain it was them!?" November nodded.

"One hundred percent certain, without a doubt!" she confidentially said "Why do you ask? Do you know them?" I nodded, remembering the CEO quite clearly.