Chapter 1: They Don't Rot

There lies an abandoned building somewhere in the world. Inside this building contains an elevator that leads those who dare enter to a facility of sorts. Circus Baby's Pizza World was abandoned nearly three decades ago but the animatronics that have been left to rot for eternity have remained. One oversight is all that has left these robots alive. They don't rot.

Circus Baby, the star of the show. Her gleaming emerald eyes shine upon everyone like a reflection in silky water. Her life cannot be complete without the completion, success, and fulfillment that she has so desperately wanted, although death is no necessity. Compassion over anger. She represents what becomes known when the true nature of herself is followed to creative freedom and her ultimate realization.

Ballora, the unafraid dancer. A bird in flight, a wave crashing on the shore, Ballora takes the show when Circus Baby is offstage. Look at her. Those at the top can fall the hardest. She's rich with femininity, motherhood, creativity, and abundance. Perhaps, love is the strongest within her blood.

Funtime Freddy and his hand puppet, Bonbon. They're a barrel of laughs, overflowing with humor that never fails to brighten the whole area. Those fools, full of innocence and freedom, or perhaps recklessness, risk-taking, and spontaneity. Actions without thought, speaking before thinking.

And Funtime Foxy, the slick and the sly of them all. The mystical and sensational. Perceptive manipulation, as if she were a magician. Full of originality, creativity, skill, self-confidence, and dexterity. She expresses her unique talents and projects them within the blink of an eye.

These animatronics stay here in the facility, waiting for someone, human or not, anyone to return. For something to happen. And yet, nothing's happened. Unless...something were to happen today. On this very day, when a loud thumping noise from the vents above caused a ruckus among the residents of the facility. Circus Baby stood below, about fifteen feet from the vent grate that was above her. Funtime Freddy, who was also interested, stood beside her.

Circus Baby: "What is that noise?"

Funtime Freddy: "I don't know. I heard it as I was passing by and thought I'd stop by to see what it was."

Circus Baby: "Yeah...hey, wait- where's Bonbon? I thought you two did everything together?"

Funtime Freddy: "Well, we don't do EVERYTHING together. He has his own life and I have mine. He's off with Foxy."

Circus Baby: "Your best friend is hanging out with your...y'know?"

Funtime Freddy: "What? Because she's my girlfriend, so what? I know her well. She wouldn't cheat on me, and not with Bonbon. He is everything but her type."

Circus Baby: "Hey- uh, do you ever think that it's weird that like- robots date? Like, it's usually a human thing, right?"

Funtime Freddy (frustrated): "Hey, do you ever think you ask a lot of questions?"

Circus Baby stayed silent after Funtime Freddy's blunt remark. She wasn't sure why Funtime Freddy was acting like that. Usually, he's the jokester of the group, but no jokes were being made.

Funtime Freddy: "Hey, do you wanna hear a joke?"

Or, perhaps nothing's changed...

Circus Baby: "Sure."

Funtime Freddy: "So, uh- a doctor walks into a room that has his patient inside and the doctor tells him: "I'm sorry, but you only have ten to live", the patient is confused and goes: "Ten what? Ten years, weeks, days?"

Circus Baby: "And what did the doctor say?"

Funtime Freddy: "The doctor looked at the patient and said "Nine."