Chapter 5: A Mysterious Symphony

Bonbon was still missing after a week. Both Ft. Freddy and Ft. Foxy had opted out of the weekly exploration, and Lolbit and Tangle had never participated in the weekly exploration, so they didn't come along. That left Circus Baby, Ennard, and Ballora for the weekly exploration.

Circus Baby: "Okay gang! We're missing...half of our normal crew. But, that's okay! We'll continue the exploration as per usual and though we might find less because we're down three people...I still believe we can get the job done!"

Ennard: "Aye aye, captain."

Ballora: "Shall we go check on that animatronic we found last exploration?"

Circus Baby: "Good idea! Let's go!"

The group of three traveled to the installed mirror where they could check on the mysterious animatronic they found. He was still there and made direct eye contact with them as if he could see them.

Circus Baby: "That's creepy...we should get exploring. He's giving me bad vibes."

Ennard: "Agreed."

The group of three then made their way to the primary control module where they would start most of their explorations, but something was in there. A blue box with thick purple lines and a handle.

Ennard: "Whoa. What is...that?"

Ballora: "It seems to be a music box...I haven't seen one in years...or ever, for that matter."

Circus Baby: "Isn't it one of those things where you wind up the handle and something pops out?"

Ballora: "Well, that's a Jack in the box. This is a music box. Thou winds it up and it plays music."

Ennard: "Should I?"

Ballora: "Definitely."

Ennard approached the box and started to wind it up. The music started slowly, but after a while, it started to become faster and faster.

Ennard: "Uh...this doesn't seem like a music box, guys! I think this IS a Jack in the box!"

Ballora: "Why art thou still winding it, then?!"

Ennard: "I don't know! I like the music!"

Circus Baby: "It's gonna pop any second! What if something jumps out?!"

Ennard: "I DON'T KNOW-!! THE MUSIC IS STRESSING ME OUT-! I just...can't take my hand off of it.

Ennard continued to wind and the music became increasingly fast. Ballora pulled him away from winding it up, but it was still winding on its own. It was winding and winding, until...

???: "Pop goes the weasel."

Ennard: "WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?!"

???: "Silence. I don't wish to be treated with hostility immediately."

Circus Baby: "Can you...tell us your name? Please?"

???: "My name is...Puppet."

Ah, Puppet. Authority, paternity...how the mighty may fall all the way down. Enlightenment and cosmic perspective, matter and physical manifestation. A ruler that may be responsible for a society in the past. A survivor.

Ballora: "Nice to...meet you, Puppet. I'm Ballora."

Puppet stepped out of their music box and shook Ballora's hand that she had reached out.

Puppet: "Nice to meet you, Ballora. You've got a pretty name."

Ballora: "You've got quite a nice name as well."