❛𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐀 𝐏𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐍❜

‧₊˚❀˚₊‧⁺˖ ˖⁺‧₊˚❀˚₊‧⁺˖ ˖⁺‧₊˚❀˚₊‧⁺˖ ˖⁺‧₊˚❀˚₊‧

3rd Person POV

"Just say yes," Rang whispered, his voice low as he leaned towards her ear.

Ji Ah's eyes fluttered shut, her mind conflicted between her heart's desire and her mind's warning. Her heart urged her to accept, to finally uncover the truths she and her twin had long been seeking, while her mind screamed in opposition, raising every conceivable objection.

She breathed out softly and replied with a firm "No", her decision seeming to catch Rang off guard.

Rang moved back, raising himself to his full height once again. "Why not?" he asked, his voice showing a hint of frustration.

"Foxes always pay back when they're indebted." Ji Ah said which made Rang scoff sofly. "In other words, if you do someone a favour, it comes at a price."

"You are so uncompromising," Rang said, his tone filled with amusement as he eyed Ji Ah. "Are you going to continue being this inflexible, in our relationship?"

Ji Ah scoffed at his words, and retorted swiftly, "What 'relationship' are you talking about?"

Rang chuckled softly at her annoyed expression, enjoying the fact that he had managed to irk her.

"Bastard..." Ji Ah mumbled, still feeling quite annoyed by Rang's previous words.

Rang's grin faded away instantly and he started looking annoyed. "Hey, what did you say?"

"Bastard." Ji Ah repeated her words louder this time, her expression filled with a smug sense of satisfaction.

"You—!" Rang exclaimed, visibly irritated. "I don't like vulgar language, so if you call me that again, I will kill you myself!" he threatened, only fueling Ji Ah's amusement even more.

‧₊˚❀˚₊‧⁺˖ ˖⁺‧₊˚❀˚₊‧

Yeon had said nothing in response, but immediately had turned around and ran swiftly towards the direction of the house. While en route, he spotted Minji moving in the same direction.

"Minji, where is Ji Ah?" Yeon asked, his tone filled with concern and worry.

"She's at Pyung Hee's house, she's been there for around ten minutes," Minji replied, her brow furrowing as she noticed his worried expression. "What's wrong?"

"That bastard asked for that woman's house address," Yeon said.

"Who? Lee Rang?" Minji asked.