❛𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐄❜

‧₊˚❀˚₊‧⁺˖ ˖⁺‧₊˚❀˚₊‧⁺˖ ˖⁺‧₊˚❀˚₊‧⁺˖ ˖⁺‧₊˚❀˚₊‧

3rd Person POV

Ji Ah arrived at the designated location, but there was no sign of Minji. The place seemed deserted, like it had been abandoned for years.

With a tinge of anxiety, Ji Ah called out for Minji, yet her voice was overshadowed by the serene sounds of nature.

Just as Ji Ah was about to continue her desperate search elsewhere, her attention was drawn to a small yet noticeable blue object nestled in the lush green blades of grass. As Ji Ah approached the object, she recognized it as Minji's phone.

Upon closer inspection, horror dawned upon her as she realized it had been deliberately destroyed, its condition beyond repair. Her panic intensified, and the fear of something happening to her twin coursed through her, leaving her feeling disturbed and unsettled.

‧₊˚❀˚₊‧⁺˖ ˖⁺‧₊˚❀˚₊‧

Rang rose to his feet, his usual smirk playing across his lips once more. "I think I've bought enough time by now," he stated matter-of-factly.

Yeon's brow furrowed in confusion at Rang's words. "What do you mean?" he questioned, his tone tinged with uncertainty.

Rang chuckled softly as he elaborated, "Ah, I think your lover's twin was caught up in it. My plan was meant for your reborn lover." His grin widened, a hint of amusement glimmering in his eyes.

The revelation shook Yeon to his core as he bellowed with anger and frustration, "What the hell did you do?"

Rang responded without remorse, his voice cold and composed. "She's the sacrifice," he stated, his expression devoid of guilt or empathy. "It would have been even more thrilling if your reborn lover had been the one going through the sacrifice," he added, a sinister grin curling the corners of his mouth.

Yeon sped towards his younger brother, his frustration boiling over as he slammed Rang against the rough bark of a nearby tree.

Rang's words, delivered in a taunt, only fueled the fire within him. "Brother, I think instead of taking your anger out on me, you should be doing something to save that poor woman," Rang sneered.

With a curse escaping his lips, Yeon sprinted off, leaving an entertained Rang behind, his grin widening with amusement.

‧₊˚❀˚₊‧⁺˖ ˖⁺‧₊˚❀˚₊‧

The shaman, with a malicious air, dragged Minji's unconscious body to the well by her hair and then bound her wrists with a sturdy rope. She then set to work preparing for the ritual, drawing a circle with powdered primrose flowers, bought from the grave, the one tainted with the blood and flesh of the deceased.