❛𝐑𝐄𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓❜

‧₊˚❀˚₊‧⁺˖ ˖⁺‧₊˚❀˚₊‧⁺˖ ˖⁺‧₊˚❀˚₊‧⁺˖ ˖⁺‧₊˚❀˚₊‧

3rd Person POV

Minji kept running deep into the dense and sprawling forest, slowing down only a bit when she caught sight of a small house in the distance.

She contemplated the move for a moment before making up her mind and sprinting towards the structure, wondering whether or not it was occupied or abandoned.

Upon reaching it, she scrutinized her surroundings. She had no concrete idea whether it was abandoned or not, but there was no sign of life.

"Who are you?" A sudden voice came from behind Minji, causing her to jump.

As she turned around, her eyes settled upon a middle-aged woman holding a red basket.

"You aren't from around here, aren't you?" the woman questioned, her tone implying that she was already aware of the answer.

"Ah, I'm from a Seoul broadcasting station," Minji stated politely. "Do you live here?" she questioned, gesturing toward the house with her hand.

"Yes, I do," the middle-aged woman replied.

Minji continued, "Oh, then can you please point me in the direction to get back to the village?"

"There." The woman pointed off in the distance, "That's the fastest route to the village."

"Okay, thank you," Minji chimed, giving a small smile as she turned around to proceed down the path.

However, the woman brought her to a halt, her voice ringing out.

"Wait a minute," she said.

"You look quite exhausted, and that would be rather unfortunate if you were to collapse mid-journey." The middle-aged woman spoke with clear concern laced through her tone.

"It's alright—"

"Absolutely not," the middle-aged woman cut her off, her expression softening as she gently placed her hand on Minji's shoulder. "Please, have some tea and get some rest," she insisted kindly.

Minji's glance flitted from the hand upon her shoulder to the middle-aged woman and she wore a stiff smile, her trust in strangers nonexistent.

However, after a moment of silent thinking, she decided that her options were somewhat limited at the moment and reluctantly nodded in submission.

"Alright then."

"Good," the woman replied, her expression softening once more as she began to walk forward and gestured for Minji to follow her.