chapter two

Beatrice walked over to me and hugged me as I cried. She grabbed to locket from his hand. Inside the locket was a photo of a young girl, she was smiling brightly. “My lord, please abide by his final request…. maybe you can also find your purpose as you do so “ she tried to comfort me, I leaned into her. She then helped me stand up. “let's get you cleaned up as you are covered in blood.” We then headed towards my sleeping quarters.

Soon many guests started to fill the parler, chatting amongst themselves. Only a few of them I did not recognize, ‘they must be the victims’ it was a family of three and a beautiful woman.

I was looking for my younger sister when I found her with our mother, he hair was shorter then it was this morning “Flora… what happened to your hair?”
She glanced at me “What happened to my hair is none of your concern dear brother.” is her only response to me before she turned around and walked away.

*The sound of a wine glass being tapped*

“Thank you all for attending this special night” my father announced “tonight is the night I step down from head of the family and pass it down to the heir of the house, my son Francis,” everyone clapped and looked at me. “Even though he can be a little…. Naive, he has shown that he is ready to take my place. He will become of age when the clock strikes twelve. All our children have grown into the finest young man and women. So please at midnight, Join us in the garden.” That is all he has to say before everyone got back to their conversations.

(I'm getting lazy so time skip)

10 til midnight … everyone was gathered in the garden, they chatted amongst themselves. When the clock hit twelve, all the candles blew out. Everyone was confused, even I was confused. “Father? What's going on” I called out to father, he looked at me and smiled “this is the finale” as he said that the ground under us started to glow….it was a giant pentagram. My family and maids jumped out of the pentagram.

“Darling what are you doing!?” Mother called out, this ain't the birthday ceremony. As she finished her words father stabs her, blood spilling out her throat. “Mother!?” Me and Flora screamed as we ran to her. As her blood spilled, it mysteriously ran along the pentagram. “You all are the main peices to this grand finale!! You all will die for the sake of the earth!!” Father screamed. “He lost it!!” Flora yelled. “And Francis” he said “did you ever think I would want a boy like you to run the family?” He snapped his fingers and my brother appeared.

“H-henry” mother whispered. “Henry has proven to be a real heir to the family business.” Father praised him.

“Vincent! How dare you!” Beatrice stepped in front of mother, Flora and me “I was sent to protect this family, and that includes from the likes of you!!” Her eyes glowed as her hair moved like there was wind.

I glanced down at the locket in my hand, I stuffed it in my jacket and I grabbed my mothers sword she had on her, and I lunged at Henry. He blocked my attacks. The guests started screaming trying to leave but father was too quick for them to escape. They were all slaughtered.

After many attempts at dodging Henry, I finally couldn't stand up. I looked down and I had an idea.

“Please if this works please help me, help me save my family. Please. Please. Please! Please if there anyone out there if there are any Demons willing to help me” I whispered to myself that I believed nothing. After not getting a response I hear Henry chuckle. “Please I'll do anything!!”

“Those demons don't know who they are dealing with for we are the powerful Fitzger- aught!!!” He wasn't able to finish his sentence as he was interrupted by a hand going through his chest. “HENRY!!” my mother cried. Henry was soon dropped to the ground and behind him was a reddish black mist covered being. I couldn't believe my eyes.

“You poor thing, being so desperate to call upon a demon, tsk tsk tsk” he kneeled in front of me grabbing my face squeezing like my father did. “GET AWAY FROM MY CHILD!! PLEASE!!!” my mother called out to it “do you really think she loves you? I mean if she did this wouldn't of happened. This was her family's doing in the first place, her family tradition.” He whispered in my ear “but you did say you would do anything if I helped you and I did, actually let's make a deal.” He had reached my interest “I will help you find your purpose in life, if you let me devour your soul.”

“My soul?” I softly said. “Francis!! please don't!! It's a trap!!!” My mother screamed “I won't do anything to hurt anyone you don't want to hurt for I will be under your command.” He outreached his hand to me. “Francis please you must understand this will only cause harm to you!! He is no good!! I promise!!” My mother was desperate, I've never seen her this desperate before. But I couldn't not take the offer. So I should his hand and I swore I could make out a smile. A sinister smile.

My body soon erupted into claims. My screams are all that could be heard. “Noooo!!!!!” I could barely make out the scream of Flora. The last thing I saw was Clara and Beatrice rushing to us. She was angry at the being in front of me. After that it was all black.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• oh wow this is the longest intro I've ever made 😃