Chapter 1: Don't cry

"Don't cry!" Qi Ming frowned, his face contorted into a brutal and domineering expression with thick brows and big eyes.

Tang Miao was so terrified that he hiccupped and cried even louder.

Qi Ming slapped the table with his palm, "What is there to cry about?!"

"Wu… they robbed me of my candy." Tang Miao's mouth flattened. His tooth decayed, and his parents restricted his sugar intake. It was the candy that Grandpa had brought back from abroad for him, and there were only a few left.

Qi Ming was irritated. He’d never seen such a cry baby. When he was upset, he couldn't keep his cool. But he remembered that when his father reprimanded his men, he said that the point of killing chickens to scare the monkeys was to teach the monkeys a lesson, not the chickens, and so he decided to find the perpetrator.

Wasn’t the culprit the source of his annoyance?

Well then. Who stole Tang Shuishui's candy?

… …

Tang Miao was crying again.

Qi Ming asked with gritted teeth, "What's the matter?"

"They called me Tang Shuishui*..."
[Nickname for a cute crying bag]

Tang Miao gasped for air.

Qi Ming remained silent. He also addressed him in that manner, but was it worth crying over?!

"You’re crying because of this?" Qi Ming wanted to punch someone to calm down.

"... They also said I resemble a girl..." Tang Miao's tears had landed on Qi Ming's workbook.

Qi Ming observed the smudging of his homework.

He could hear his fists creak.

Good! Excellent! Who said Tang Shuishui was like a girl?!

… …

"Tang Shuishui." Qi Ming immediately regretted calling him. What would he do if ShuiShui cried on the road?

Who would have guessed that Tang Miao, who was gnawing on candied haws, would notice Qi Ming staring at him and reluctantly ask, "Do you want to eat this? Here, take it."

Who would want to eat such food?! "You can eat it yourself," Qi Ming said, disgusted by the crooked tooth marks and saliva on the candied haws.

"Tang Shuishui, why didn't anyone come to pick you up today?" Qi Ming inquired after a while.

"Huh?" Tang Miao blinked his eyes and murmured softly, “I want to go with you.”

It’s a shame Qi Ming didn't hear it. He furrowed his brow and snarled: "You cried so much that day. I also called you Tang Shuishui. Why didn’t you cry?"

Tang Miao was startled by his ferocious appearance, and moisture began to accumulate in his eyes.

"Don't cry!"

"Oh." Tang Miao sniffed, wiped away the moisture, and whispered: "You are different."

Qi Ming lowered his head and poked Tang ShuiShui’s cheek to make himself less irritable. He bit into the candied haws ShuiShui had given him. It had a sour and sweet flavor. He had no idea why some boys enjoyed eating this type of girly food.