Chapter 4: I love you

There had been numerous rumors circulating in B city's second high school, but the most renowned one in their class was that the topper couldn't wait to confess to the second rank holder following the college entrance examination.

"Qu Yao, do me a favor." Tang Miao gasped and called out to Qu Yao, who was still immersed in the sea of exams.

"What?"

Tang Miao gritted his teeth, "I remember you saying your older brother is studying computer science."

"Yes." Qu Yao gave a nod.

"Please assist me in locating this IP address."

Qu Yao swiftly nodded. There was an email address on the paper.

"This is..."

Tang Miao recalled the message he received three nights before his college entrance examination—
"Happy birthday, MiaoMiao. Take my share and let’s attend A University together."

Qu Yao stopped when she saw Tang Miao's expression. "All right… I’ll keep it a secret."
... ...

Tang Miao returned home and dried his hair. It was a downpour outside.

"How did you find the paper?" Tang Zhan inquired, concerned.

"Not bad."

Tang Zhan's smile faded, and Tang Miao's mother couldn't help but shake her head, "This child."

Tang Miao's "Not bad" earned him first place in the college entrance examination in B city that year, admission to the best major at A University, and a four-year national scholarship.

Everyone expected Tang Miao to continue his studies or to study overseas, but he chose to start his own business. Tang's Miao parents had no choice but to let him. Tang Miao came up with more and more ideas after the college entrance examination.

Sometimes, Mother Tang wondered if the child who resembled a little crying bag was her own son.

During this time, Tang Zhan quietly assisted Tang Miao in preventing a flood of blind dates by saying, "The most essential thing is that the child likes it."

"How do you want to celebrate your birthday? Do you want to invite your classmates to play at home?" Mother Tang inquired. Tang Miao was taken aback. It turns out that his birthday was tomorrow. He shook his head in refusal, saying "I’ll just eat at home."

"What about your peers, ah? Let's invite them to dinner." Mother Tang remembered Tang Miao frequently taking Qi Ming home. She was also aware of Qi Ming, although she was unaware of the details.

"Come on, let's eat." Tang Zhan picked vegetables for Tang Miao. "When the child is mature, he is free to live as he wishes."

"Thank you." Tang Miao bent his head and ate a mouthful of rice.

Tang Miao accompanied his parents to watch the news after dinner.

Mother Tang often asked: "You’re sure you don't want to take the police academy exam? After all, your second cousin and father can assist you." The Tang family’s current allowed them to do more than merely help.

Tang Miao's smile had faded significantly, and his mood had become indecipherable. "No way, Mom. I'm a little tired. I’m going upstairs."

Tang Zhan sighed, his eyes dark.
... ...

Tang Miao had been awake all night. He didn't blink while he stared at the computer. He refreshed his mailbox several times, but no new messages appeared.

He felt a vague discomfort in the pit of his stomach.

Why did Qi Ming miss their appointment?

In fact, Tang Miao had no idea where Qi Ming was. He just knew that every year on his birthday, he would receive an unknown e-mail that he could never reply to...