Chapter 8: The First Enounter

Morning
Monorail
3rd Person POV
For today's, it was currently a new day in Kuoh Town, Japan. The weather itself was quite sunny with plenty of clouds in the bright blue sky and a flock of geese could be seen flying in a V shape.

The monorail, a place where many people gather, whether they're off to work or just students, male or female, would be off to school. It was also a common place where many women would get molested without people noticing due to how full the cars can get of people.

Meanwhile, inside one of the cars, around the middle of the entire train, Hajime sat in a seat next to Tsubasa. He tapped his finger on his dark brown school bag that was in shape of a case with a strap. He looked around with a sense of feeling very awkward right now.

Hajime's Mind: (Jeez. It's only been a few weeks since I've been a devil. But never have I ever have actually had a one on one conversation with Tsubasa.)

Alastor: (I know right...? You're making it so weird.)

Hajime's Mind: (Hey fuck you man...! Well...might as well try something out maybe.)

There was another silence between Hajime and Tsubasa until Hajime finally started talking.

Hajime: Two-Thirds of the planet is water.

Tsubasa:....Yeah.

Hajime: Mountain Chicken is another name for a type of frog.

Tsubasa turned her head to the right to face Hajime for a couple of seconds. After that had past, she turned her head back to her previous position.

Tsubasa: Huh.

Tsubasa's Mind: (Mountain Chicken is just a frog? Okay. Akamizu is just alright then.)

Hajime: Your age is the number of times you've orbited around the sun.

Tsubasa looked at Hajime again. She raised her eyebrows as if she was confused.1-

Tsubasa: What?

Hajime turned his head to the left of Tsubasa. He looked down at the seat and then back up at her face again.

Hajime: It's gonna be nice and sunny day out today.

Tsubasa turned her head facing front again.

Tsubasa: Mhm.

Hajime turned his head also facing the front. Tsubasa rolled her eyes to the right to look at Hajime.

Tsubasa's Mind: (Should I say something now?)

Tsubasa: So...anything new happen?

Hajime: Not really to be honest. What about you?

Tsubasa: Same here. I just did some late night lumberjack work.

Hajime turned his head to Tsubasa again.

Hajime: Oh lumbering? Yeah that's not too bad of work. It's tough backbreaking work. Plus it can help build character.

Tsubasa turned her head to Hajime.

Tsubasa: I didn't know you knew that much about lumberjack work.

Hajime: Yeah well. I did a good couple jobs before I became...well...you know what I mean.

Tsubasa nodded.

Tsubasa: Yeah. I do.

Hajime: I mean...it was a way for me to pay off a debt I owed to a yakuza.

Tsubasa: Is that why you joined the President?

Hajime: No. I ended up killing all the yakuza. Sona found me and made me to where I am today.