Chapter 34

"But there is a corpse."

"What?"

Roksoo instantly froze up. He started to frown and looked up to Cale who was walking next to them. The Black Dragon removed his invisibility and appeared in front of Cale, hovering just above him.

"When I looked down on this island earlier, there were three corpses on the other side of the island."

Corpses were completely out of Roksoo's expectations. Roksoo took three steps back toward the boat. He had a bad feeling that something unlucky would happen if he continued to walk toward the other side of the island. However, the Black Dragon continued to speak.

"But the corpses were not human corpses."

Roksoo lifted his hands to cover his eyes. If it was not human, that meant that they had a distinct feature. However, they also did not resemble animals.

'So they are similar to humans, but not the same.'

Then there was only one answer left.

"Were their hands and feet weird?"

The Black Dragon energetically nodded his head.

"That's right! The hands and feet were weird. They looked like fins!"

Fins. That was the symbol of the mermaids.

"Oh. It's a mermaid."

Cale said, the Little Black Dragon landed on his arms and curled himself up like an extremely weird docile cat. 

Roksoo added the Black Dragon to his list of beings that fell in love with Cales charm.

A pod of whales and mermaids. Roksoo was worried and full of doubt. The whales and mermaids were not supposed to show up just yet.

'No.'

Roksoo quickly fixed his train of thought. The battle between the Whale Tribe and the mermaids had a history that was even longer than the oldest human wars. However, the moment when this was revealed in the novel was when Choi Han became involved with the Whale Tribe.

"Hey, you."

"...Do not call me 'you'."

The Black Dragon snorted and turned around in Cale's arms, Roksoo's eyes narrowed at the movement.

"Then what should I call you?"

"... You will soon find out."