Family

Sonic stared at his own reflection in the mirror. His hair had grown a lot by now and he felt satisfied watching his hairstyle in the mirror. Man bun suits him and even North agrees with it. He smiled at his reflection, some days are just meant to appreciate your own beauty. Through the corner of his eyes he glanced towards his left where Mao tried to reach the window. 

"North! can you please get Mao, she is at it again." He screamed and soon North's figure emerged from the next room. 

"Oh Mao mao come here, what do you even find interesting there?" He talked, taking the furry creature in his hands away from the plants. Many plants were kept near the window and Sonic didn't wanted his plants to get ruined. Moreover they had lilies which aren't really the best thing  for cats to play with. 

As North took Mao in his arms, she revolted and ran out of his hold. North sighed as he looked at the little figure walking towards the living room. Even after all this time, Mao still wasn't much friendly with him and North didn't knew why but the feeling was mutual. 

Sonic also seemed to notice this as he made his way towards North, finally tearing himself off from the mirror and his reflection which he is recently been obsessed with. He stood in front of North who was seated on the bed and just watched him be. 

North saw his boyfriend move towards him and settled standing between his legs. He stared deep into the eyes that looked at him so cutely that North thought he was under some kind of a spell of those eyes. Sonic's head tilted a little as he was confused why North didn't said anything till now and for North, this was the moment his mind exploded from the cuteness of his boyfriend. He broke the eye contact and shook his head in an effort to come back to his senses. He smiled as Sonic kept his arms on his shoulder getting even closer to him. He moved his head up to see his face and a thought suddenly provoked his mind, a thought that had been there since the day he recieved that call. He had been contemplating in his mind whether what they decided to do was correct or not and he just couldn't keep this thought to himself anymore. 

"Sonic may I ask you something?" he said in an effort to voice out his concern.

"Hmmm" Sonic nodded at him to go on.

"Are you really okay with doing this?" He said and Sonic immediately knew what it was about.

He wasn't blind that he wouldn't sense the nervousness inside North since days which kept increasing as the time nears. He tried to subdue this feeling by always distracting North from this topic but he didn't wanted to avoid it anymore. For Sonic it didn't matter how much they argued, it didn't matter how North didn't liked Sonic's favourite mint flavoured icecream and how Sonic hated North for putting chocolate in almost everything, nothing matters because both of them were already in love with each other and love isn't about comprises, love is about adjustment like how both of them ate icecreams of choclate mint flavour and even though Sonic tries to avoid the choclate in it as much as he could, he would still do anything when it comes to North and by anything he means anything.

"North, I can do anything for you okay?" He said, voicing out his thoughts.

As if the words didn't seemed enough to him, he planted a small and gentle kiss on his lover's forehead. North smiled once again, the words were enough for him to know that Sonic was by his side, reducing the tension in his mind. He lifted a little up and rested their foreheads together. They both stayed like that, listening to each other's breathing as everything else around them went silenced until they heard a large purr. Sonic lifted himself up and saw Mao hovering around his feet trying to get his attention. He picked her up and she again made a sound as if telling that she is happy to be in the arms of his owner. It wasn't until two months ago that Mao became a part of their little family. Family, he reminisced all the moments he spent together with both of them in the recent months. Although she is still a little indifferent towards North but with Sonic she is like a happy little kitten who has got everything in this world. Its always Sonic and her playing in the park while North sits on the bench watching them as a grumpy father protecting their kids like they would get kidnapped in the park. Sonic chuckled at his thought, Mao still in his arms. 

"This is unfair, I am still sad here and you are giving all the attention to this furry 'monster'." North said. 'Monster' thats the word he uses for mao sometimes and Sonic doesn't understand how this cute little cat looks like a monster to his boyfriend. 

"Mao did someone say something? Because I didn't heard it." Sonic pretended to talk to Mao, feeling the urge to tease North bile up in him. A sudden wet thing was placed on his neck and he couldn't help but almost jump at the sudden touch. A hand crept around his waist, placing itself there comfortably. He felt North's breath against his skin which sent shivered down his whole body and he just wished that the other person didn't noticed it. 

"Can you hear something now?" North whispered but it was loud enough for Sonic to hear clearly since his mouth was so close to his ear. The low voice sent his mind to different places and as he came back he quickly placed Mao down in a worry that if North did anything else, he might also drop her. North turned Sonic and now both of them faced each other. Sonic subconsciously leaned a little backwards as he now saw how close North was earlier. The sole purpose of North earlier was to tease Sonic but now he urged to keep him in his arms forever. 

"How could I stay away from you! I miss you already"

"Huh? How can you miss me I am here only and I won't even be away from you."

"But-"

"North we have to be careful." He said being a little more serious than he earlier was, all his playfulness turned into distress as he knew that it wouldn't be as easy as they imagined it to be.

As if reading his mind, North said at the same moment, "This won't be as easy!" 

~~~

Suprise Suprise!!

I earlier mentioned that the previous chapter would be the last one and tbh it was what I originally thought but here I am with more treats for Northsonic fans <3 

The story is extented to have 2-3 more chapters so enjoyy!!!

Lots of love

Your author ♥