Parents

Sonic felt the seat beside him press as North came back after he had some urgent call.

North glanced towards Sonic whose eyes were fixed on his phone screen. He tried to form words in his mind and after a little hesitation, he finally got the courage to speak up.

"Umm Sonic.." he trailed off before speaking again when Sonic hummed indicating him to continue.

"Well Babe just called right now and he wants me at the garage Now."

"Oka- wait but don't you have to." Sonic started as he shifted his attention from his phone towards North and the expression on North's face made it quite evident of what he wanted.

Sonic was quick to deny "no no no never", he said.

"Sonic please!!" He tried to put on an expression as cute as possible to convince his boyfriend.

As much as he hated the idea of being alone in a car with North's parents, he still cannot deny North if he looked at him like that.

"Fine! Tell me the time of their flight" as soon as these words left his mouth, he was engulfed by North in a tight hug. North placed a few kisses on his cheek and left the place but not before muttering an 'I love you' to his partner.

Sonic sighed, he could already feel how awkward it would be but he had to endure this much for North. Today was the day his parents were going to arrive and even though North had been a lot nervous about it, he couldn't hide the little happiness on his face at the idea of meeting his parents after such a long time.

......

Sonic tapped his fingers on the steering wheel, internally sighing at the long queue of cars in front of him. Traffic always made his head hurt, he was already used to the speed of the race track, and the awkward silence in the car didn't helped it either. They had already did the formal conversation of 'how have you been' and now a silence was there in the atmosphere which none of them tried to break.

As if bored from whatever she was watching on her phone, North's mom, Maya decided to start a little talk with the person on the front.

"Sonic, kid why are your hair so long. You should chop them off by now."

"I like them and they look good." Sonic didn't bothered to explain much about it.

"Sooo how's been your job?"

Although the question was asked to Sonic but he well knew where it was directed to. She wanted to know about North.

"It's good. My training is going to end soon."

She sighed, "You both could've made a better future of yourselves and instead you chose to do this stuff."

Sonic was so glad that North wasn't the one who came to pick them up because this conversation must have broken his heart. The communication between him and his parents faltered the moment he decided that he wanted to be a racer. According to his mother, he should've chosen a secure career for himself and racing wasn't a career in her opinion. The worst thing was that even after North made it clear that he wanted nothing else beside racing, he never recieved their support. If not for Sonic's support, he wasn't sure what he would do.

"North and I started training together, although due to some urgency he had to be launched before our training completed. I have seen the efforts he made for it, he really worked hard for it." He spoke, a little hope in his mind that it would make them acknowledge North's efforts.

Sonic saw Maya's mouth opening to say something but it was blocked as North's father spoke up for the first time.

"Our son is really hard working!" He said, keeping a hand on his wife's thigh preventing her from saying whatever she was about to say.

Although North's father was a nice person Sonic wasn't much fond of him either. He had seen his wife breaking all the connections with his son and basically abandoning him just because he chose a path he wanted to. And yet no words came out of his mouth in favour of his own son. He stood in the corner the whole time as if his existence didn't mattered at all and Sonic hated it. As Jem silenced his wife, the rest of the ride went by quitely.

With a sharp turn, Sonic finally pulled into the driveway of his apartment. He gave the keys of the apartment to them and asked them to go upstairs until he parked the car in the parking lot.

Not after a few minutes, North also came back and Sonic waited for him until he parked his own car too.

North came out of his car and moved towards Sonic. He gave Sonic a peck on his lips which he didn't expected at all. He slightly pushed North away and whispered shouted " North!! They will see us."

"They aren't here right now so how can they see us." North was in a rather cheerful mood. The thing was that when he first recieved the call from his parents last week, he wasn't really sure of them coming here. He wasn't sure what would his parents react at their relationship. Sonic didn't wanted to worsen his already fragile relationship with his parents so he suggested the idea that they would hide the fact from them. When they first came to Bangkok, they didn't had enough money and that was the reason of them sharing one apartment. They had lived together since the start so there wasn't anything suspicious about it. Moreover the parents weren't going to stay forever. It was just the matter of a few days and Sonic believed they could handle this much.

Sonic clasped his hand around North's and made their way upstairs. North had this certain uneasy feeling growing inside him with each step he took forward but the warmth of Sonic's hand in his own hand made it easy for him to move.

Jem, his father was the first to make eye contact with him. He rushed towards his son and pulled him in a firm hug. Maya had her back towards them, glancing at the interior of their home. As she heard footsteps she turned around to see the two men hugging each other. She moved towards them and called out her son.

"North! Baby come here."

She said and pulled her son in a warm hug. It was all the same, her hug felt the same. If North said he didn't missed them, he would be lying. The comfort of the hug made his mind travel back to his childhood when he experienced a similar comfort from both his parents.

Sonic leaned at the door, smiling at the sight in front of him. North took his parents inside while Sonic made his way to the kitchen to prepare for the lunch giving them some time alone. He could feel the happiness inside North and as long as he is happy, Sonic could do anything even if it meant to stay with his parents under one roof.

~~~