1.2 Nevermore Wiki

*Amaris's POV*

I skipped happily alongside the adults as Principal Weems chattered about my dorm, "I have placed you in Ophelia Hall, it was your mother's old dormitory," She stated, "Your neighbour had space in her dorm but I felt you would prefer to have a dorm all to yourself."

I smiled at looked up at Principal Weems, "I have an Aunt named Ophelia, Mother and Father say I'm a lot like her," I smiled.

Principal Weems smiled down at me and we continued on our journey until we reached my new dorm, Principal Weems handed me the key and I was quick to unlock it and hurry inside. I smiled widely and twirled in the centre of the room, "It's perfect!" I cheered.

The room had high ceilings with dark, exposed wooden beams that added grandeur and history to the area, and the walls were painted in subdued, deep shades of purple and charcoal. A four-poster bed with exquisite carvings dominated one side of the room, wrapped in thick, velvety textiles in dark tones. The headboard of the bed was covered with artistic decorations, adding to the gothic mood of the school. There was a matching desk and chair, built from dark wood with graceful, curved lines and intricate carving.

The windows are tall and narrow, with heavy, dark curtains that can be drawn completely to block out light or left open to provide a glimpse of the academy's misty grounds and gloomy woodland. A circular window with spiderweb-like decorations was located in the heart of the wall facing the school's entrance, with a window seat beneath it, providing a cosy area for reading or contemplation.

Next to the bed was a door leading towards the conjoined bathroom. Besides the windows were two tall bookcases, shelves lined with books on the supernatural and arcane subjects reflecting the academic focus of the academy. The flooring is dark hardwood, adorned with plush rugs featuring intricate patterns that tie the room's decor together.

I floated my trunks into the room and placed them on the bed, "I am very grateful for the room Principal Weems," I stated.

As she went to speak a squeal came from across the hall, the adult moved and in the doorway was a girl around the same age as I was, she was taller than me with blonde hair, one side had blue ends and the other had pink, she has light freckles and different-coloured nails that turn into claws at different points.

"Amaris this is your dorm neighbour," Principal Weems stated and gestured to the girl, "Enid Sinclair."

Enid dashed through the adult and towards me, she stopped about a foot away, "Howdy neighbour!" she cheered and brought me in for a hug before pushing away, "Sorry I should've asked if it was alright to hug you first!"

I giggled and quickly brought her in for another hug, her warmth making me feel safe, " It's alright I do enjoy hugs," I stated and let her go.

Enid smiled widely, "I can't wait to show you around the school!" she cheered.

"Enid, why don't we give Amaris a moment with her parents, hmm?" Principal Weems suggested, Enid quickly nodded and left the room with the Principal.

I turned to Mother and Father, both had tears in their eyes, I quickly ran into their arms and snuggled deep into my father's chest, "I'm gonna miss you both so much," I whimpered.

"Oh darling," Mother whined, "We will miss you the most," she stated and caressed my head, mother's stoic expression softened as she turned me to face her, her elegant features filled with emotion, "Amaris, my darling, this is your chance to flourish among your peers and truly embrace your extraordinary gifts. We are so proud of you," she said, her voice filled with warmth and sincerity.

Father then whispered in my ear, "Mi alma, we will miss you dearly, but Nevermore will be the perfect place for you. Remember, you can always count on us."