1.3 Nevermore Deaducation

*Third POV*

Amaris awoke to the sound of rain tapping against the circular window of her room. With a small smile, Amaris stretched under the heavy comforter, feeling the cozy warmth cocooning her as the chill of the rainy morning seeped into the room.  Amaris lifted herself from the cocoon she had created and scooted to the edge of her bed, the floor was cold as her dainty feet just grazed it. Amaris shivered before quickly summoning her white slippers from her closet.

Amaris ran into her bathroom to start her day, showering swiftly before throwing a fluffy white towel over her body and another around her hair. As Amaris came out of the restroom and towards her closet to change into her uniform, steam billowed out behind her. The standard Nevermore uniform was a pristine white shirt, a knee-length black skirt with indigo stripes, a dark purple bow, a black fitted blazer with indigo stripes and purple lining, and the Nevermore Academy insignia embroidered on the breast pocket. Amaris's uniform, however, was specifically designed to be pure white with grey stripes rather than black and purple.

Amaris grabbed a pair of thigh-high stockings, also in white, from her bedside table before summoning her platform Mary Jane's from the closet.  Standing in front of the mirror once more, Amaris stared at herself, she snapped her fingers and her uniform altered itself. Her skirt shortened so it reached mid-thigh instead of her knees, her slightly baggy blazer, tightened around the waist and bust, contouring to the shape of her body.

Happily, Amaris twirled in front of the floor-length mirror with a large smile before grabbing her school bag. She decided on a white leather school side bag with a pink butterfly design, the butterfly is intricately detailed, with delicate wings that feature hints of silver to add a subtle shimmer. She took a deep breath when there was a rapid knocking on her door before it burst open, Enid squealed seeing Amaris in her uniform, "You look totes adorbs!" She gushed, "I love the white uniform."

Amaris swayed slightly not used to the compliments, "Thanks Enid," She muttered shyly, "I just need to do my makeup then we can leave for class," she stated sitting down at her vanity.

"No problem," Enid said and took a seat on Amaris's bed, "You think you could help me with my makeup though? I can never get my liner to look right," she giggled.

*Amaris's POV*

I giggled slightly, "Sure, Eni," I confirmed as I blended my foundation into my ghostly skin, "I can use some of my makeup unless you want to use your own," I suggested gazing at the blonde girl in the mirror.

"I'll go get my makeup!" Enid squealed and rushed out of my room. I giggled as I applied my concealer and contour, as I blended them in Enid rushed back in and grabbed my desk chair to sit next to me, "I'm so excited! We're gonna be best friends and we're gonna do everything best friends do together!" Her excitement made me smile.

I quickly applied my setting powder and turned to Enid, "I'll let my base set while I do your makeup up," I stated and gently took the products from her hands. As I sat in front of her I realised...this wasn't going to work, I sighed and stood up. I gently nudged her knees apart and stood between them.

*Third POV*

The height difference between them made this the most practical option, but it also meant she was physically close to her friend. Amaris focused on her task, not noticing the sudden nervousness of Enid.

Enid, on the other hand, felt a sudden warmth rise to her cheeks as Amaris positioned herself in front of her. The closeness caught her off guard, and she could feel her heart racing as she looked up at her friend.

*Amaris's POV*

I chuckled slightly as I noticed Enid's blushing face. I softly cupped her face, my palm just under her chin, my fingers behind her ear, and my thumb on her cheek. I dipped a spare brush from my vanity into her rainbow eyeshadow palette before gently swiping it across her closed eyelid. Similar to her hair, I placed blue eyeshadow on her left eye and pink on her right, and I moved her head sideways before grabbing her liner.