Chapter 3: First Impressions

Third Person POV

Jaune: 'Finally...'

After what felt like an eternity, the Bullhead finally arrived at its destination. One by one, the passengers disembarked, including Jaune, who leisurely followed with one of his hands tucked in his pockets while the other held the wrapped object. Stepping off the Bullhead, he was greeted by the sight of Beacon Academy, and he had to admit that the architecture of the structure looked breathtaking.

 Stepping off the Bullhead, he was greeted by the sight of Beacon Academy, and he had to admit that the architecture of the structure looked breathtaking

Jaune: 'Amazing, to think humans build such a structure...'

As Jaune began to walk, he continued to check his surroundings with a slightly impressed look on his face. This new world was truly a strange and yet interesting one to behold, not only is its technology intriguing despite not being advanced nor primitive. But gazing upon the structure before him, he could tell that there were secrets to it that not many know.

While Jaune was walking, he unknowingly caught the attention of many students who exchanged glances and whispers. Perhaps it was due to his muscular physique or his towering height of 6 feet 3 inches, a notable trait in his family where he stood as the tallest member. The only other one was his eldest sister, who stood at 5 feet 11 inches.

Passing by various students, Jaune overheard snippets of conversations.

Girl 1: "Woah, look at him."

Girl 2: "I know, right? Those muscles!"

Girl 3: "He's kinda cute~"

Silently groaning in annoyance, Jaune ignored their chatter as he continued his walk. Further down, he heard a group of boys commenting.

Boy 1: "Whoa, that dude's ripped! How much do you think he lifts?"

Boy 2: "Easily more than the max!"

Boy 3: "Damn, I wouldn't want to mess with him."

Despite the remarks, Jaune couldn't help but chuckle inwardly at the last one's comment. Good, even though he was reborn as a human, it didn't mean that his dislike for humanity went away. Master Mondatta gave him a second chance to coexist with the humanity around him, but something like that takes patience and unfortunately, Ramattra was never really known for his patience.

Jaune kept walking; however, his stroll was unfortunately brought to a halt when his attention was quickly diverted by a sudden small explosion nearby.

Jaune: "What in the name of the Iris?..."

Raising an eyebrow, Jaune questioned if this was some sort of test made by the Headmaster of Beacon or if it was merely two students fighting among themselves like little children. The former Omnic General wouldn't put it past the first option, since he knew little to nothing about what goes on at Beacon.

He has read a lot of books growing up, but none of them spoke of Beacon Academy or the Headmaster, Ozpin. But from what he does know by searching online, Ozpin was a very mysterious man who prefers to talk about things in a cryptic way. Something like that wasn't unfamiliar with Jaune, since Master Mondatta loved to speak in a similar sort of way.