14. The First Night

Play Buddy by iMovie Music

Modern Sonic's Point Of View

Now that Boom Shadow was gone, I realized something. "Hey guys, where are we sleeping tonight?" I asked seriously. "I have an idea, follow me." Boom Amy said as she started walking towards the woods. Despite being confused, we followed her. "Alright here we are." Boom Amy said once we stopped in front the front door of a laboratory base.

Long Ways to Go Yet Instrumental - Lord Of The Rings

"Are you insane?! You really think us staying at Eggman's place is good idea?!" Movie Shadow said defensively. Immediately Movie Sonic started to slowly, and shakily, back away from the base. His eyes were wide with fear. "Movie Sonic? Are you okay?" I asked carefully.

Normal Point Of View

"No! I can't do that! I won't!" Movie Sonic cried as images, similar to those right before he arrived at G.U.N. Headquarters, came flooding back. As this was happening, his quills sparked with electricity. Boom Amy was too focused on knocking on Eggman's door to notice. After stepping back a few more steps, Movie Sonic dashed off. "Sonic wait!" Marina cried and dashed after him.

As Movie Sonic ran, going to his cave in the woods was the first thing that came to his mind. These disturbing thoughts kept him from thinking straight, otherwise he would've remembered he's not in Green Hills. So he just ran into the first cave he saw. Once inside, he practically curled up into a ball, trying to calm down and make the horrible what ifs go away.

Little did he know, he was trespassing. Boom Shadow stormed up to him. "Hey what are you doing here?!" Boom Shadow demanded furiously. Movie Sonic jumped a little, not expecting for someone else to be there. "Leave me alone!" Movie Sonic cried at the top of his lungs with fearful, teary eyes, his lightning intensified. "Yikes! What is that?!" Boom Shadow asked as he backed away, fearing he'd get electrocuted if he didn't. "It's the reason I'm in here, when there are signs of it about to lose control, I'd go to the cave I used to live in before I met Mom and Dad. That, and I was too scared to go near Eggman's base." Movie Sonic said right before going back to sobbing again, but then he suddenly stopped and looked up at Boom Shadow thoughtfully. "Wait what are you doing here?" Movie Sonic asked curiously.

Marina's Point Of View

Once I caught up enough to Sonic to see that he ran into this beautiful cave, I stopped at the entrance and carefully listened in when I saw Boom Shadow there. "I live here." Boom Shadow said simply as he folded his arms over his chest. "What?! Are you hiding from someone?!" Sonic said in deep concern as he stood back up and wiped his tears away. "Wait what are you talking about? I live here because I like it here it's nice and quiet, unlike the village." Boom Shadow asked, completely confused. I could see Sonic lost the ability to answer, so I went in. "Well you remember when he said his Mobius was too dangerous to live there anymore? Well do you know how old he was on that day? And how long it was before he met the family he has now? Go on, guess!" I said as I marched up to Boom Shadow, standing protectively in front of Sonic. "12 and for a few weeks?" Boom Shadow guessed with uncertainty. "Not even close, I'm afraid. He was only 3 and it was 10 years! He didn't have the luxuries you do! He had to make sure no one saw him and dumpster dive for the things he needed! In fact let me show you the day he came to earth!" I said as I took out my phone and pulled up the clip. After he watched it, he stumbled back until his back hit the wall of the cave. "Yep, that's how I reacted too. That's right he was a toddler and no kid of any age, especially that young, should have to go through that and ten years of isolation!" I said as Sonic stepped forward. "Yeah, I cried myself to sleep most nights and had nightmares on the others. But on that day, I cried with agonizing screams for hours and hours to the point I lost my voice for a week!" Sonic added as his voice went from quiet and timid to angry and loud. I quickly ran over and hugged him. "But not anymore nor ever again! Are you okay Sonic? What specifically made you run off?" I said as I rubbed his ear to calm him down, and as always, it worked immediately. "Yeah, it's just you remember the G.U.N. incident? Well as they were taking me there, a whole bunch of what if scenarios went through my head of once I was in their clutches. They came back only it was Boom Eggman doing those things to you, my brothers, and Mom and Dad too!" Sonic replied as he hugged me.